I am now travelling and need to use my Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2018 on my laptop as well as my PC. How do I do this?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Christine

Christine

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You dont its a single installation licence. It says so in the terms of purchase.
Photo of Christine

Christine

Thank you for responding
so I'm guessing I have to buy TWO copies of the programme as I can't find one licensed for 2 devices ......I hate their site 
Another reason to loathe them
Photo of Kevin Russell

Christine using Personal Plus on multiple devices is not recommended there are always issues with version control and transferring files backwards and forwards. I think its a dangerous practice. The solution would be to use it on the laptop which is portable.
Photo of Christine

Christine

Again thank you for your help. That sounds sensible. Please excuse my ignorance as I am a total technophobe ...can I back up to a portable hard drive as I have been using this file since 1996....and yes I AM old! 
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,884 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Don't agree with Kevin's comment,Christine.  I travel a lot and use Reckon both on my home PC and travelling laptop.  All you need to do is copy the Reckon files across from PC to laptop before travelling and back again on return.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Agree or not Diver, im just reading the terms and conditiins of the software licence. My comments re version control still stand.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,884 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Wasn't suggesting she didn't comply with the terms and conditions, Kevin - I was just saying there is no problem using the software on two machines, providing you copy the files across manually.  Agree though, if Christine doesn't want to bu a second licence then using the laptop 100% of the time would work.
Photo of Christine

Christine

Thank you both for your input gentleman I appreciate your time, I think will take my chances on the 'safe' option of one device.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Much better idea Christine. Copying files back and forth is very dangerous. It is also needlessly confusing.
Photo of John Campbell

John Campbell

• 4,032 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Not backing up is also very dangerous, so testing the backup on the laptop should be encouraged.
Photo of Kevin Russell

You know you can store your file on google drive. Ive been doing this for years.
Photo of John Campbell

John Campbell

Any worries about personal files on the cloud ?

There are lots of Cambridge Analytica out there !

Photo of Kevin Russell

John mate, Cambridge analytica isnt out there any more.

Do you use internet banking?
Photo of John Campbell

John Campbell

do you really think there was only one
Photo of Kevin Russell

Do you really think there was more than one?