I am receiveing error (MAP) error Code 80040102(258) at line 947in sendemail.cpp

simone_10009868
simone_10009868 Member Posts: 2
Hi I am suddenly unable to email from reckon- no remittances, payslips I am receiveing error (MAP) error Code 80040102(258) at line 947in sendemail.cpp
thanks 

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2019
    Hi Simone

Very much doubt this is a Reckon One issue like you have posted.  As I am pretty certain you are running Reckon Accounts Desktop and the problem has likely been caused by an upgrade, or a  Microsoft update.  There are so many possibilities and not knowing your versions or history, I would strongly suggest calling Tech Support who can walk you through some of the fixes.  In the meantime try running both RA and Outlook in Administrator should get it to work.

Alternately repost on the RA forum or just read some of the previous 'Related Conversations' down the right hand side of the page.

Kind Regards
    Kim Chapman
  • simone_10009868
    simone_10009868 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Hi Kim
    thanks for your reply.
    I have Reckon Accounts Premier Addition 2018 and I have updated windows and still no luck.
    kind regards
    Simone
  • Orkun Evren
    Orkun Evren Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2019
    Hi Simone, your problem sounds similar to one quite a few people are having. Microsoft updates seem to trigger them and it is a specific update I believe is the culprit. Your error code is different to ones I have seen but your email problem is the same. There are a series of workarounds ( bandaid solutions really ) that will enable you to send emails but it does involve jumping through hoops with clicking popups and enabling your software on pc's to be run as administrator no matter who is using it.  Here are the other threads where this issue is discussed at length....

1/. https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/mapi-error-code-00000000-0-at-line-947-in-sendemail-cpp

2/. https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/-mapi-error-code-00000000-0-at-line-921-in-sendmail-cpp

Good luck 
This discussion has been closed.