I am trying to add accountants General Journal into the accounts, but it needs to be before 2014 div

Owen Billingsley
Owen Billingsley Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to add accountants General Journal into the accounts, but it needs to be before 2014 dividing date. We had problems with the accountants copy due to a tax line, so the accountants created a general journal instead, but I can not enter it due to dividing date issue. What are my options so that I can proceed with 2015 tax year?
I am using Reckon Accounts Pro 2014.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    By rights you enter the GJ at 30/6/14, by dividing date do you mean that the accounts have a closing date of before 30/6/14. If so all you need is the password and then you can enter the GJ
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Owen.  I assume that by "dividing date" you are referring to the books closing date.  It therefore appears that somebody has set up a password on your company file so that transactions cannot be entered before a certain date unless they use a password to unlock that date.  Click on the "Company" tab at the head of the Reckon screen, then click on "Set Closing Date" then go down that next page until you come to the area "Closing Date - date through which books are closed".  If you see a date there, the books have been closed to transactions up to that date.  The only way that you can enter anything therefore is know the password which you will be asked for when you go to save your transaction.  John G
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hello Owen. 
    If your Accountant is not going to send back another accountants copy then just cancel the accountants copy.

File - Accoutants Copy - Client Activities - Cancel Accountants Changes..

This will bring the file back to normal and you can then manually enter the journal in 2014.

Then lock off 2014 by setting the closing date from the Company menu.

Adrian
  • Sandra_7045342
    Sandra_7045342 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2015
    can someone post examples of accountant copy of how to manually enter the journals in a step by step example
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Sandra, how does one know , each Returns vary, and each journals are different, you are struggling there, you have 2 choice either to get help from your engaged tax agent , or like i said we can do it as we are Tax Agents and Partners of Reckon for more than17 years now
    0295411338, 0407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Sandra.  Here are the steps:
    1.  Click on "Company" tab (at top of page)
    2.  Go down to "Make General Journal Entries" and click on this.  This will open a new window.
    3.  Enter the date - whatever date you want in 2014 e.g. 30/6/2014
    4.  Enter an Entry Number if need be and if this is an adjusting entry tick the box Adjusting Entry
    Complete the account information e.g. one side will possibly be to an expense account (the debit) and the balancing item will be a credit to whatever account is applicable.  It is impossible to be more explicit at this point without knowing just what you are trying to do.  I presume that you have been told which accounts are to be used.
    6.  There should not be any tax informaiton to enter or else it would throw out your BAS that was processed for that period.
    7.  Complete the Memo section, providing a reason for this Journal being passed.
    8.  It is unlikely that you would want to be entering anything into the Name column but if you need to, click into this column and you will find an arrow at the right hand side, for a drop down list of names.
    9.  It is highly unlikely that you would want to be entering anything into the Billable field for an entry so far backi in time.
    9.  Enter the appropriate Class if you use Class tracking.
    10.  Save the transaction.  When you do though, it is highly likely, that because you are going so far back in time, the books will be "closed" to any entries.  To save such a transaction in that case, you will be asked for the "Closing date" password.  Without this password you cannot complete the transaction.  If somebody has specifically asked you to enter this transaction, you will need to obtain that password from them.
    John G
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    John, these should be purely Tax enteries, like Dep, and income tax expense and provision, and realloc of accounts, without actually reviewing the journals from his accountant, its not a option , nevertheless its her Tax Agent duty to guide her, as he got his PPC , PI, and ITAA ACT to follow.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009