I am trying to allocate part of a receipt to GST payable, but get a message saying that this is not

Bryan Vickerstaff
Bryan Vickerstaff Member Posts: 8
edited August 2019 in Reckon One
A customer has paid an amount including GST. I am trying to allocate part of the payment to "Other income" and part to GST payable. The system will not allow me to post the GST portion because I get a message to say that this account "(GST payable) is not valid for this type of transaction. I successfully posted the entry the previous month, so why can I not do it this month?

Comments

• Bryan Vickerstaff
    edited August 2019
    I have just started with Reckon One and updating entries from Reckon Easy Start so am still learning how it works. I haven't used the Tax codes. Not sure how to do so. 
  • Bryan Vickerstaff
    edited January 2018
    I have managed to sort it out by adjusting the GST settings and entering the information. It is strange that the system has allowed me to post 2 months of purchases where I have recorded the GST as a new entry!!
  • Bryan Vickerstaff
    edited January 2018
    Many thanks for your offer. i will note your number and call you if I end up with a problem. So far so good!!

• Bryan Vickerstaff
    edited January 2018
    Kevin thank you for your help in sorting out my query on the Tax codes. I will certainly follow your suggestion to make many of the ones I don't need "Non-active."