I am using Quicken 2010. I tried to prepare my BAS Statement but Q1 to Q9 are blank. The details do

David Smith_9807514
David Smith_9807514 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Dear ReckonI, I am using Quicken 2010. I tried to prepare my BAS Statement but Q1 to Q9 are blank. The details do show in Cash Flow.

Comments

• Robert Smeallie_9806608
    Robert Smeallie_9806608 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018
    Hi David,

I also have a copy of Quicken Home and Business 2010 and the BAS that it creates no longer matches the recently introduced "Simplified BAS" form. The items for Sales, Purchases and PAYG have been changed. This is an example of why we need to have up-to-date accounting software to meet the changing tax regulations that have been introduced by the ATO. For example, Single Touch Payroll and Superstream didn't exist in 2010 and the old BAS reporting will no longer work.

If you go to the ATO website and search the downloadable forms you can find an active PDF version of the calculation page for the BAS in which you can enter the amounts for the various labels and get a solution to how much GST is either payable or receivable. You can compare it with the calculation sheet in your 2010 Quicken to see what I meant about changes.

Robert Smeallie