I cannot access my Reckpon home page on my PC. I jst get a blank page

Russell Veitch
Russell Veitch Member Posts: 7
No access on my PC Sunday 15th April.   Reckon Accounts opens in Task bar but not on screen.  When I left click Eckon in Task bar all I see is a small blank box

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi Russell,
    Is this problem still occurring for you today?

Have you restarted your PC?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Russell Veitch
    edited April 2018
    Hi Ray, Thanks for the response.   Have shut down and restarted computer.   Tried opening Reckon from the file in explorer and same thing happens.   Worked fine Saturday, then Windows and 365 updates over night and on Sunday no sucess. Same thing today Monday.   Reckon shows up in the Task bar but there is nothing on the screen.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me Russell,

So this issue only started occurring after these updates installed? Are you aware which specific Windows and Office updates were installed overnight?

Which version of Reckon Personal are you running and which version of Windows?

Also, when Reckon shows up in the taskbar, can you please see if its running as an active process/application in the Task Manager?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Russell Veitch
    edited April 2018
    Ray,  I am not much of an IT person.  Yes, Reckon Accounts Launcher is definitely running in Task Manager.   I can close the window in the task bar and it asks if I want to back up so it would seem to be working,

Not aware of what updates were down as Windows does this on its own accord overnight.  

I am looking for my Reckon details which I will find, but I have renwed my personal account in the last year.

I am running Windows 10 Home.  Version 1709   OS Build 16299.37 on a HP Pavilion I5

• Russell Veitch
    edited April 2018
    Sorry ray,  I cannot tell you what version of Reckon I am running, only that I last renewed in 11 November 2017.   My IT capabaility is not sufficient to resolve this and I need this my Accounst system to run for my business.  I will try Reckon help desk.   May have to reload the software.   Thanks,  Russell
  • Rav
    edited April 2018
    No worries Russell,
    Yes I agree, I'd suggest performing a clean un-installation and re-installation of Reckon Accounts Personal and then confirm if the same behaviour persists.

I've added a KB article guide on how to complete this below -

Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of Accounts Personal

• Russell Veitch
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the help Rav, this is daunting for the unintiated but I,ll push on.   I don,t have a disk but I can contact reckon to arrange a download or how to do that,   I alawys back up my data on a seperate drive outside the Reckon software so my data is safe.   I agree that it looks like a software problem as the first symptom was it had diificulty starting up, then next time it just wouldn,t

Thansk again,
    .  Russell
  • Rav
    edited April 2018
    Just a quick note, your software can be downloaded via the Members Area on our website here - http://members.reckon.com/Login.aspx

You'll just need to login using your Customer ID & PIN. If you're not sure of those details, give us a buzz at 1800 732 566 and our Customer Service team will be able to give that to you.

Cheers
    Rav

• Russell Veitch
    edited April 2018
    I should be able to do this.    Thanks so much for yoru help.    IT problems send me into panic mode.

I,ll give it a go.

Russell
  • Russell Veitch
    edited April 2018
    Thanks so much for your help Rav, as President Donald would say, Mission Accomplished.
  • Rav
    edited April 2018
    Great to hear Russell!
    Hopefully there weren't any flying projectiles involved unlike that other fella ;)