I cannot seem to download US stock price updates with Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2019. What settings should be used to set these up?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,664 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Tony, have you previously downloaded US prices, or are you just setting up?

Response depends on which circumstance applies.
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

I have in the past but not recently. I have also changed my computer and also setting up new US stocks.
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

In the meantime I am manually updating stock prices
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Just to clarify, Tony, do you have a US denominated Investment Account within RPP?

What stocks do you want to download prices for?  Assuming you have the correct code they should download along with other stock prices - better in fact as the US market is "live".  Have you checked that the stocks are checked under "Select quotes" of the One Step Update Settings?
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

I have a RPP file for my US stocks. The ones I ma trying to get prices for are Corteva Inc (CTVA), Dow Inc (DOW) and DuPont (DD). They are checked in the "Select quotes" area.
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

I can seem to Download Historical Prices which works, but how can this be done using the One Step Update instead?
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Tony, have just tested by adding those stocks to my Watch List and all 3 downloaded.

How have you set up the stocks?  Under Right Click/Edit Security they should be Stock, Exchange Other and Currency US Dollar.

IIs that how you have set up each stock?
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

How have you been trying to download prices, Tony?  The Download Historical Prices Tab downloads all history and to my knowledge is only available for US stocks.  I have used it to download historical data for a new stock, but after that use One Step Update which downloads the last 5 days of data.

I have the One Step Update icon on my Toolbar, but you can also access it via Investing/Online Activities/Download Quotes
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

Yes this is how they are set up Dave. When you select One Step Update it just hangs up when trying to "Download stock and managed fund quotes"
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

What is the difference between Download Quotes and Download Historical Prices? The latter seems to work but cannot do this with One Step Update.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Can't explain why it hangs, Tony. Do your Aussie stocks download? Maybe worth Validating and Super Validating your file, but not sure that would solve the problem.

Maybe try unchecking all stocks and then add them back one at a time to see if a particular stock is causing the problem.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Can't understand why it hangs, Tony.  Does it download your Aussie stocks?

You could try Validating and Super validating you file in case there's an error in your database.

Other though would be to un-check all stocks and then add them back one at a time to see if there's a particular stock that's causing update the hang.
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

Yes it seems to work fine for Aussie stocks. Have validated file. How do you super validate?
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

No issues with validating file, so no need to super validate
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Tony, to Super Validate, first Validate, then repeat holding down CTRL-Shit-ALT keys - supposedly identifies problems with the database and creates a Log if there are any errors.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Any luck, Tony?
Photo of Tony Gellen

Tony Gellen

No not as yet Dave. Can update with Download Historical Prices in the meantime.