I cannot update the share prices on one of my account files. This has been a problem since December

Stephen_10427419
Stephen_10427419 Member Posts: 7
I cannot update the share prices on one of my account files. Currency updates work OK. This has been a problem since December and I have had no response from Reckon.

Comments

• Stephen_10427419
    edited January 2020
    I don't want to earn points.  I want the problem sorted.  What is this rubbish?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    Stephen,
    Which Reckon Personal product & edition are you using?

Which shares are not functioning for you? All or a select few? AU or US?
    What troubleshooting has been conducted so far? 

Have you had a look at the steps listed in this article -
    Why are my share prices not updating?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Stephen_10427419
    edited January 2020
    Hi Rav. thanks for the reply.  I am using Home and Business 2020.  I have two files, both contain Australian shares and only one file is updating.  The problem only began recently.  Both files contain a large number of stocks all with Australian ticker symbols which I have not altered.
  • Stephen_10427419
    edited January 2020
    Further to my earlier reply, I have carried out all the steps recommended but nothing has changed.  I have noticed that if I click the online tab and one stop update summary the green flag and "quotes" entry is missing whereas it isn't on the file that works.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    Check if the stock option is ticked for One Step Update in this particular file.
    Click on 'Update Settings' and ensure the stock option is ticked and run the update again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Stephen_10427419
    edited January 2020
    I have done that and the one step Update setting is exactly as your screenshot.  Still no change.

The one stop update summary still does not display the green flag next to 'quotes'
  • Rav
    edited January 2020
    Sorry my earlier reply should have contained a bit more detail. Can you please check that all your stocks are selected. To do that, click on the 'Select Quotes' option (you'll see it in my screenshot above) and ensure that all stocks you wish to update are ticked.

• Joanne Mullen
    Joanne Mullen Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2020
    Yes they were selected. I ended up trying a few things:
    1. Uninstall reckon and re-installed - this did not work
    2. I then edited each of the securities and edited the properties and eventually got it to work by changing around whether it was a stock or bond etc.
    Can you please let Stephen know who posted the same problem a few days ago. It wont let me reply as the conversation seems to be archived. 
  • Stephen_10427419
    edited January 2020
    Problem solved !  One of the ticker symbols (out of 42) had an odd extension which seemed to prevent them all being updated. I deleted it and all works OK..  Joanne's response gave me the clue.  Thanks so much.  Thanks Rav for your help

Stephen