I can't delete an employee allowance from the allowances list in payroll premier 2017/2018

Nicky Wray
Nicky Wray Member Posts: 71
edited October 2018 in Payroll Premier
In payroll premier 2017/2018 I want to delete old allowances for terminated employees from the allowance list. The delete option is greyed out

Comments

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2018
    Hi Nicky,

Click on "List" in the Top Menu Bar and then select "Payroll Items" list from the Drop-down menu. Select the Payroll item (allowance) you wish to delete so that it is highlighted, then click on Edit in the Top Menu Bar, and in the Drop-down menu select Delete Payroll Item.

Now if the allowance has been used for a current employee account, you are notified that it cannot be deleted, but if you delete that employee's account and make sure that all of the Payroll  Items related to their Employee record are dissociated from that payroll account, you should be able to then delete the item from the Payroll Item List.

Robert Smeallie
  • Nicky Wray
    Nicky Wray Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2018
    Hi Robert,
    There is no "Payroll Items" in the "Lists" menu. There is allowances but when you select the one you want to delete, the delete function is greyed out of the options. Payroll Premier doesn't have the same setup as the payroll function in Quickbooks (Reckon) but thanks anyway
    Nicky
  • Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2018
    Hi Nicky,

I forgot to tell you that I am using Reckon Accounts Plus which includes Payroll whereas your Payroll Premier software works differently as a Payroll specific software.

Robert