I can't email invoices directly from the invoice.

Alissa Munster
Alissa Munster Member Posts: 5
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am not able to email invoices directly from the invoice in Reckon Accounts Plus 2018.It says I have to down load Reckon PDF Converter. I tried to follow the instructions, however I don't know how to log on as an administrator. 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Alissa,
    What is the full error message you're receiving when you attempt to email from Reckon Accounts?

Have you been following the instructions from this article?
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Reckon Accounts PDF driver. (Amyuni PDF drivers)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2020
    Hello Alyssa

When you start using Reckon you log on. You are given the option of logging on as Administrator or as another user. You log on as administrator to give yourself full access to Reckon's features.

When you email invoices to your client you need to provide them in a form that can be opened by someone who doesn't necessarily have Reckon Accounts to open the Invoice. The Reckon PDF Printer provides a way for you to get a PDF copy of the Invoice by choosing to print to it, or for that matter any other PDF Printer like CutePDF, Adobe Acrobat PDF or another one.

Robert Smeallie
  • Alissa Munster
    edited February 2019
    I tried your link, but I can't find out how to log onto Windows as an administrator. 
    The error message reads:

Problem
    Reckon accounts could not save this form as a PDF, Either Reckon Accounts PDF converter is missing or not functioning properly.

Solution
    Reinstall the REckon Accounts PDF Converter while signed in as a Windows Admin user to solve this problem.
  • Alissa Munster
    edited February 2019
    I meant Windows Admin, not on the software. Window's 10 instructions.

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2019
    Even a Windows account with a local administrator rights (not the built-in main administrator) can install software and add devices.

Robert Smeallie
  • Alissa M√ºnster
    Alissa Münster Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Hi again, I managed to fix the error message, but now it says my email or password are not correct. However they most certainly are. Why can I still not email invoices directly? I haven't been able to do this for over 1 year and it is very annoying having to save and send them through my email accounts. Thank you