i cant log in with my password

Stephen Paddick
Stephen Paddick Member Posts: 1
Quickbooks 2014 wont let me log in with my Password and no one has changed it what do i do

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Stephen

Is it by chance seeking to perform a tri-annual licence renewal (which is just a due diligence process to safeguard against software theft).   Or else,  check that the uppercase/lowercase and spacing of the login NAME is right, as well as the attempt to try the password accordingly

Gary

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Stephen - there is at least one way in which a password can inadvertently be changed and, to my embarrassment, this happened to me.  This can happen if one gets lazy and copies the password into the confirm password box, instead of re-typing it.  If something like this has happened, then you will have no other option than to have Reckon find the password for you at a cost of a couple hundred dollars or more, depending on how quick you want this done.  But before you get to this point, check out what Gary has said.
    John L G 
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Stephen,

When was the last time you were able to open the company data file using your known password?

When was the last time you created a backup of your company data file?

Consider restoring the last good backup created from a time when you were able to access the company data file using the password you know to be valid.

One potential reason for a password not to be accepted as valid is when the data file has suffered a data corruption. Depending on the extent of the damage, it may be possible to have the data file undergo a data recovery operation so that it can be opened.

Even if after the damage originally preventing the file from being opened has been rectified, the reconstructed data file may show that data has been lost. 

If so, it may be a better option to restore the last known good backup set and make that the actual working file to be used moving forward. You'd then need to re-enter the transactions that occurred after that last good backup was originally created.

We do offer a password removal (not retrieval) service.
    https://www.reckon.com/au/data-services-request/
    An express password removal fee is payable if you need the password removed quickly.
    If you can wait a few days, we can offer it at no cost.

Regard,

Reckon Data Recovery Team

• Annie_9861892
    Annie_9861892 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2019
    How much does it cost for password removal - can't find a simple $$ amount anywhere on the website

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
  • Annie_9861892
    Annie_9861892 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for that :-)
    Frustrating when it worked a couple of days ago and now it doesn't