I can't open my 2017 Reckon Accounts file with the 2019 program. Help!

Options
Hannah Cho
Hannah Cho Member Posts: 1
I can't open my 2017 Reckon Accounts file with the 2019 program. I've been working at this all day. The 2019 version says that it cannot open it because it was created with a different edition. The 2017 version says there has been an upgrade (R2) made so it cannot open it either. So frustrating! Is my last resort to open it with the 2018 version? I have no access key.. how do I obtain one?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Can you determine exactly which version of 2017 and which version of 2019 you now have installed? - if the file was previously being run on 2017 R2 (and you have now installed on another computer, but havent yet done the update to R2) the program should open in 2019 - provided you havent used a downgraded version of 2019?  perhaps explain the previous 2017 full version name (including any flavours (eg Contractor edition) and then the current 2019 full version name and flavour (Plus, Pro, Enterprise, Contractor, Retail etc)...  this info will help us determine why you are having problems?