I can't print invoices

Bob Claus
Bob Claus Member Posts: 5
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I upgraded Accounts Hosted 2017 to 2018 a few days ago and now I can't print invoices (I don't know about reports, I haven't tried). Not a pop ups problem cos I sorted that when still in 2017. I hit the print button, the green progress bar goes right to the end and the seconds counter continues and nothing happens. First time I waited over 10 mins before closing, logged off remote session and logged back in. Next attempt I let go for ?30 mins? before again giving up, closed down, logged off remote session. Can't get tech support on the phone. I waited 15 mins before hanging up cos there was no indication how much longer I'd need to wait.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Bob,
    You'll need to enable popups for the 2018 edition as well as it operates on a different URL to the previous 2017 version.

If you go through the same process listed here it should get you back up & running -

When I try to print in Reckon Accounts Hosted nothing happens

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bob Claus
    edited July 2018
    G'day Rav
    Sorry, that wasn't the solution. That icon doesn't appear in the address bar. However, I tried again and noticed another box hidden under the green progress panel. I clicked outside the panel (despite it saying not to) to reveal the box underneath which contained the following message I've never seen before:
    "The form you are about to print specifies the font [Times New (W1)] which is not installed on this system. You may wish to install the font. Click OK to print anyway, or Cancel to skip printing this form."
    I clicked OK which allowed me to continue and invoice printed ok. I tried it again and had to go through the same process by clicking outside to green progress panel, etc. What do I do to fix?
    Thanks
  • Bob Claus
    edited July 2018
    It's now 3 days since I responded to your answer above and no further contact from you, so I guess my problem is not a priority. The problem is still there, although the green progress bar now only comes up sometimes, but the box re: font problem still comes up. Please fix it.
    Thank you, Bob
  • Bob Claus
    edited February 2020
    I'm getting really frustrated now at lack of attention to this problem by Reckon. I've noticed others complaining of printing problems since upgrading to 2018 and the default answer is fix the pop ups. When it's pointed out it's not a pop up issue, it seems to be ignored, or if it is addressed there's no explanation as to why it was not a problem prior to the upgrade.
    It's nice to see I'm gathering points every time I send a comment (what use are they?), what would be really nice is a solution.
    Thank you, Bob
  • Jodie Vermeer
    Jodie Vermeer Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2018
    I am having the same problem Bob.  I'm not sure how to fix it and it takes so much time to print anything. Very frustrating! Considering looking into a different accounting software.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Bob,
    From what I understand the cause of this issue is due to that specific font no longer being available in Reckon Accounts Hosted since the update. There have been some changes to fonts, however we've moved from 60 to 100 fonts in the new Reckon Accounts Hosted environment.

You will need to update your template(s) to remove whatever is using that font, once that is completed that message will no longer appear. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bob Claus
    edited July 2018
    Thank you, that's worked. Just a shame it took so long for an answer with a lot of prompting. Hope that's worked for you too Jodie.
    Bob