I emailed an invoice two days ago from reckon and it went to the wrong customer. Have checked the details which are correct.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
I emailed an invoice two days ago from reckon and it went to the wrong customer. Have checked the details were correct is there a reason for this.
Photo of Jane Funston

Jane Funston

• 70 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Dharmesh

Dharmesh, Alum

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the Post.

With Reckon Accounts Hosted, because you are using email program on our server you cannot check the sent email so you cannot confirm which email address tax invoice was sent under.

You can ask the customer to check the spam or Junk email as well and see if it’s not under that.

Otherwise in future, when you send email to customer, always BCC to yourself. So that way you can have the record of invoice being sent.

Another way, which could be a bit lengthy, is to print that Invoice which “saves as PDF”. Once opened, you can use the email button on the viewer to email to the customer. That will use your local PC’s email client and you can always track it just like you do with other local email tasks.

Hope this will help,

Regards,

Dharmesh

Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
With all due respect Dharmesh, you are missing the point.

It is all well and good to bcc a copy to yourself, as I do as a matter of course.  However, that DOES NOT guarantee that the customer one is also delivered.  there could be a myriad of reasons why the customer's one isn't delivered, and as it stands we have zero way of knowing.

Can you please give an explanation as to why it is not possible for the email button to default one's own email client, or at least in the print function when it converts into a PDF viewer that there can't be a default email similar to what you describe above.  After all the print function defaults to one's own printer so surely an email button could be included to default to one's own email client.

Why has Reckon made it all so hard to do simple tasks?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.