I have a issue with the STP end of year report not picking up all terminated employees.

Andrea Male
Andrea Male Member Posts: 14
edited August 2020 in Payroll Premier
STP end of year report not picking up all terminated employees

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Hi Andrea,
    Have you updated to the new Payroll Premier 2019/20 edition? If so, are you using the new 'End of Financial Year' button?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, yes I have upgraded and I’m using the End of Financial Year button.
  • Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Some of the terminated staff are included but not all. I can run Payment Summaries for those that are not getting picked up but I would prefer to use the one report for STP.
  • Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Is anyone able to assist with this please as I still cannot finalise the STP upload until it includes all staff
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Hi Andrea,
    Were the employees that aren't being picked up terminated in the just-finished financial year?

• Rav
    edited July 2019
    Also just checking, have you installed the Payroll Premier patch update?
    If not, can you do me a favour and install it and confirm is this continues after?

Full info on the patch & instructions on download & install are here -
    Payroll Premier 2019/20 PATCH UPDATE

• Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Yes these employees were terminated in the 2018/19 financial year.

When was the patch update issued?  I have upgraded so was the patch included in the upgrade?
  • Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

I have installed the patch which has fixed the issue with the new financial year and the invalid product key.

However, I am still trying to load the 2018/19 End of Year file and now have an error message that flashes up the top screen when trying to import.

The error says "instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetail requires property "TotalGross"....etc.   How do I find out which employee the error is with as nothing is loaded for me to check??
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Hi Andrea,
    The "instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetail requires property "TotalGross" error message means there is a mismatch in the file types between the STP pay event export file from your accounting software ie. Payroll Premier and the submission option selected in GovConnect.
    To put it a bit more simply, when you're uploading your End of Financial Year pay event to GovConnect, please ensure you select the 'Update Event/Finalise Year' option.

• Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, thanks for that.  Now I have selected the right option, upgraded my software and installed the patch!
    I still  have the same original issue where 8 staff are not being picked up in the file.

Can you please advise what else I can do to fix this as I really want to finalise the year end.

Regards,
    Andrea
  • Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, 

Is someone able to please assist with this?

Thanks,
    Andrea
  • Andrea Male
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

The STP report is not picking up terminated employees where they were terminated between July and December 2018.

Please advise if there is another patch to fix this or whether someone can contact me to assist in trouble shooting this.

I have called your help desk previously but after being on hold for 2 hours, I was just told to wait for the upgrade.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Andrea
  • Andrea Male
    edited July 2020
    Hi All,

Given I have had no response on this issue and for all those with the same issue, here's how I got around this.

I went into payroll and 'un-terminated' the relevant staff.  I then 're-employed' them which then meant they came up on the JSON file when I ran the year end again.  They did not come up with any $$ values so I manually added the Gross and Tax in the JSON file.

This has now successfully been loaded as the STP file to the ATO.

Good luck!