I have a Reckon Personal Plus 2018 with Investment data going back almost twenty years. The file is

David M
David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
I have a Reckon Personal Plus 2018 with Investment data going back almost twenty years. The file is now becoming almost too big to use. How do I reduce the file size, while retaining the purchase history of all my current investments, some of whom date back to the beginning of the file? What can I say, I am a horder of my investments.

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The .qph file syntax is based on 4-byte addressing and should support 2GByte file size.
    There are some reports that are limited to 32,000 transactions (2-byte indexing) but by specifying date ranges to limit the report size, it appears to give the correct results.
    It would not surprise me if price records for a single company are limited to 32,000 so 90 years of records should see most of us out.
    It would certainly be a useful utility if the .qph file could be restructured, to contain all records for each company sequentially and remove non-existent/deleted company records. This could also assist the flickering when it relates to investment screens. Another wait for Jesus improvement !
    As we have seen with the flickering post, we will be limited by performance before file size should be an issue.
  • David M
    edited February 2019
    It is only a 46 MGB file - so I suppose I will ahve to live with the slow performance and the flickering on the investment screens.
    Thoughts about why my recent investment in Z1P - Zip - will no longer update the prices daily?  
  • Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    For interest only - Using Windows 10 1809 17763.316 with an SSD drive.
    1st used 1993 = 25 yrs
    Current QDF = 41.66Mb
    All 6 files Zipped = 45.39Mb (ALZip)
    RKN ZIP = 45.41Mb
    Attachment File = 968Mb

My Z1P Investment is updating prices normally as of yesterday.
    Rgds

• David M
    edited February 2019
    Thanks - will keep trying