I have an invoice missing from a sales report even though the invoice exists...Not sure why this has

holysmoked
holysmoked Member Posts: 12
edited March 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Our freight company has invoiced us for a delivery that doesn't show up on the sales report for that day. When I go to the customers account the invoice exists. I'm not sure why this has happened, if anyone has any ideas on this matter it would really help as I use the sales report to double check statements from the freight company, thank you.

Comments

• Ian McLennan
    Ian McLennan Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Are you on cash or accrual for your report?  The other issue is if your freight company has invoiced you, then aren't you talking about suppliers, and bills not invoices?

Ian

• holysmoked
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ian, We use accrual. With each dispatch we send our freight company a customer sales report that they use to check off all the POD's from their drivers. They then invoice us based on the amount showing on the sales report. And so in this situation they had a driver return a POD which wasn't showing on the sales report. When I redo the sales report the missing invoice doesn't show up however when I go into the customers account the invoice exists for the given date. Anthony
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The report you run is it a customised report?

Check the filters for the report you are running, there may be a filter set on the report that is excluding that invoice.

Has the invoice been marked as Pending, it will not show up on sales reports.

Adrian

• holysmoked
    edited March 2017
    Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the advise.  I checked the customers details and they had been set up incorrectly!

Anthony