I have deleted a bill that had payments applied to it and cleared. Can I enter the bill again and so

Kerry Baker_10689744
Kerry Baker_10689744 Member Posts: 10
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have deleted a supplier bill that had many payments applied to it over a 12 month period and each was cleared, now I have payments unapplied but still showing as cleared. Is there any way I can apply these cleared payments to a duplicated bill without it showing up in bank register.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kerry - once you have reentered the bill... you should be able to open each payment entry again - and now see the bill at the bottom of the screen and apply each cleared payment to that bill.  
  • Kerry Baker_10689744
    edited August 2020
    Hi Linda,

I have been trying what you advised above which has worked to a degree, however when I save each bill cheque payment, the total amount on the cheque is correct but the ticked bill on the payment changes the amount applied by a few cents.  I cannot get each payment to apply the full amount no matter what I do.  When I check the suppliers balance it says the bill is paid in full.

I'm not sure what is going on as I have never had this problem before.
  • Kerry Baker_10689744
    edited August 2020
    Sorry I forgot to say that we have now closed our business and I cant reconcile our July books until I have gotten this sorted. Is has been very frustrating trying to finalise everything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
  • Linda ABC
    edited August 2020
    Hi Kerry - if this is happening you must have mixed tax codes on the bill - or negative tax... can you send a screen shot of the detail lines of the bill?
  • Kerry Baker_10689744
    edited August 2020
    Yes Linda, the bill does have mixed taxes and negative tax. It is related to a workers comp insurance policy paid off monthly over a 9 month period. Therefore there are endorsement refunds with negative amounts on it. 

Do you want me to add a screen shot of the bill on here?
  • Linda ABC
    edited August 2020
    yes that would be good - and then I will tell you how to split it into both a Bill and a Bill Credit which you can then pay off...
  • Kerry Baker_10689744
    edited August 2020
    Linda,

I ended up doing some more research today in this community, and found a resolution from another member whom had the same problem 4 years ago. It turned out to be what I think you were suggesting. Thank you, I appreciate your assistance with this.