I have deleted the Undeposited funds account. How can I create it again?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
when I pay a bill with Undeposited Funds and then I go to 'make a deposit' there are no deposits for me to chose from. I think the problem has come about because the original Undeposited Funds account was deleted and when I simply 'created' a new Undeposited fund account it is clearly not correct because my system is not recognizing it or linking my payments to it in any way.
Photo of Nadine Pike

Nadine Pike

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of TamNguyen

TamNguyen

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Nadine,
Undepositeds Fund is other current asset account. If you press Ctrl A the chart of account will display. Then you see at the bottom left there is an Accounts button. Click on that and find New or Ctrl N, at other accounts type choose Other current asset account then follow the prom to create it, name it etc. Hope this help
Photo of Deny Dharmawan

Deny Dharmawan, Alum

• 2,530 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Hi Nadine,

Please also check in Edit > Preferences > Sales & Customers.

Make sure there is a tick on 'Use Undeposited Funds as a default deposit to account.

Undeposited Funds is a special account, if you delete it, it will be re-created automatically when you try to receive payment. If you create it manually with the correct details, it will work as well.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

Photo of Nadine Pike

Nadine Pike

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you, This was very helpful.
I cancelled all of the 'Undeposited accts' I had created. Then ticked the 'use undeposited funds as a default deposit to account'. Then I received some money on an invoice and pressed enter and the 'Undeposited account' was just created automatically like you said.
From that point I was then able to use that newly created file and it worked correctly.