I have installed Reckon 2019 and have lost all my data, it has opened up to the last version of 201

smith_charmaine
smith_charmaine Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have installed the new Reckon 2019 and have lost all my data, it has opened up to the last version of 2014 and wont recognise my backup either.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Charmaine,
    In the majority of cases this is due to the wrong backup file being chosen, particularly if you have file names with a similar naming convention. Check your files and confirm you're restoring the most recent backup.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• smith_charmaine
    smith_charmaine Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    Hi I have checked my files and can not find anything at all. So presuming I did select an old file where has the info gone from the previous version. Does it overwrite and use the data from the old file? There is no record anywhere on my computer of quickbooks being used since 2013. I did not turn my kaspersky off when I installed would that have made any diff. Also didn't do a back up prior but did do one when the installation said to during installation process. I did not go into my previous version that I was currently using to do the installation so presumed that would just stay there