I have noticed that Compassionate Leave is coming out of the employees accrued Holiday leave? How do I change that?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Photo of Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Graham Boast

Graham Boast, Accredited Partner

• 11,254 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jocelyn

By default, Reckon has 2 payroll items linked to the Holiday Leave Accrual: Holiday Salary and Holiday Hourly.  I suspect that someone has renamed one of these to Compassionate Leave.

I would rename the current Compassionate Leave to Compassionate Leave DONT USE, make it inactive, then create a new payroll item for Compassionate Leave and use this instead.

Graham 0409317366
graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Photo of Claire Letts

Claire Letts

• 60 Points
Hi

My system is adding leave loading to public holiday not worked adn deducting leave from the holiday balance. I have tried renaming them and the setup seems correct. Help appreciated. Thanks Claire
Photo of Graham Boast

Graham Boast, Accredited Partner

• 11,254 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Claire. 

Same issue as Jocelyn, only this time one of the holiday leave payroll items has been used.  You will need to create a new Payroll Item "Public Holiday" and make the old one inactive.

The difficulty with these leave types is that you cannot tell just from the setup whether an item is linked to a leave type.  It is such a common mistake that for new files I rename the existing payroll items so it's less likely top happen.

Graham 0409317366
graham@reckonhelp.com.au
Photo of Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you - We have created a new payroll item and renamed the old one and that seems to work.