I have paid employee holiday pay without leave loading

GLE
GLE Member Posts: 11
edited March 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using Accounts plus 2017, and have paid Annual leave but not included leave loading,
how can i amend this ?

Comments

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2018
    Hi,

You need to go to the Payroll Categories List and make sure that Annual Leave Loading (ALL) is included there with the correct rate (it used to be 17.5% of OTE but that may have changed), then go to the Employee details window and in their Payroll details pane include ALL as an additional allowance, only applicable to Annual Leave. This is just as you would do for Tool Allowance or Meal Allowance, since ALL is NOT part of Ordinary Time Earnings (OTE) and shouldn't be included when calculating Superannuation Guarantee Levy amounts.

If you have already paid the Annual Leave, then you will need to make a separate payment of the Leave Loading. As far as rates and treatment of ALL under the PAYG system use Google to check with the relevant Government Agency (I didn't include ALL in my coursework so I am not aware of the current rate applying to ALL and treatment by PAYG taxation which apply. I'll look that up and add it to my own notes for future reference)

You will need to accumulate ALL, along with AL, during the year and it can only be paid if they have accumulated enough hours.

Robert Smeallie
  • Lynne_8946547
    Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If it's a recent payment you could amend the payment.  Go to the employee centre, click on the employee, select the paycheque and open it.  Click on 'Paycheque detail' and click on 'unlock net pay'. 

Take a note of the net amount that you have already paid the employee.

In 'Other Payroll Items' add in Holiday Leave Loading (you will need to have added this in to the Employees Payroll Info under Additions, Deductions and Company Contributions).  This should then automatically calculate the loading and also adjust the PAYG.  Take a note of the amended net amount the employee should have been paid. Save and Close

Pay the employee the difference between the amended payslip and the original payslip.

Hope this helps

Lynne
  • GLE
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for that, and with PAYG etc from the BAS just lodged how does this impact those figures?
  • Lynne_8946547
    Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You can adjust the next month's BAS.  Check your YTD BAS payments against a YTD BAS Report. The difference should be the difference in the PAYG tax.
  • GLE
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.