I have put Reckon Accounts 2018 onto computer that is not attached to internet, it will not open, s

Susan Gray
Susan Gray Member Posts: 1
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have put Reckon Accounts 2018 on to my computer that is not attached to the internet and it will not let me open it saying it requires internet explorer

Comments

• Lou Simonis
    Lou Simonis Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2018
    Hi Susan,
    If you have just installed the program and not yet run it on the internet, the program may be trying to verify your installation code and Register that with the company, you should only have to do that once. There is a way of Registering via telephone.
    Regards,
    Lou Simonis
  • Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2018
    Kevin,

Are you kidding me? Of course you must have access to the internet whether it is through Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or Firefox in order to connect to Reckon's server in order to provide the Registration Code to unlock the software. You don't register with Internet Explorer on your computer but on Reckon's server.

Also you need to have internet available for a number of new accounting reporting requirements introduced by the ATO such as Single Touch Payroll, Superstream Superannuation reporting, the Tax Office Portal and downloading and applying any updates to Reckon accounts as part of your annual subscription. You definitely need to have an internet connection.

Robert Smealie
  • Patrick Sands
    Patrick Sands Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2019
    Hey Kevin,  I have QB 2003 and keep getting the IE6 error when I try to install in Win10......would love to get this to work. Have tried various compatability installs.....no go....any thoughts?