I have received Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch

• Question
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • (Edited)
help please, I have received this message when trying to add business to Gov Connect. "Sorry, that ABN has already been registered. If you have one, please try a different GST branch". Is there a way to unregister ABN?
Photo of Glenda Hannah

Glenda Hannah

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 3,768 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I had the same problem when I started and I didn’t do anything but Reckon must have after my message because the next thing it worked
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,250 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Glenda,
Can I grab the ABN you're trying to register in GovConnect please and I'll take a look.

Cheers
Photo of Glenda Hannah

Glenda Hannah

HI Rav

The ABN is 75286350255.

thank you 

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Glenda,
I've had a look and I can see this ABN was registered to GovConnect last week. Its under an email address different to the one that this Reckon Community account is under. 

There's two things to check here; the first is if the ABN you've listed above is correct and secondly, if it is correct then to login to the Reckon Portal with the correct email address that was used when it was first registered.
We've found that usually there has been someone else in the business that has registered the ABN to get a headstart on STP.

Either way, let me know how you get on.
Hi Rav, are you please able to help me too.  My ABN is 83 160 684 838.  Thanks so much.  Vicki
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Vicki,
I've cleared off the error affecting the registration of your ABN. Head back into GovConnect and add your ABN and it will go through fine.
Photo of Glenda Hannah

Glenda Hannah

Thanks, ABN is correct. I need the original email of ttwlau@yahoo.com.au revoked if possible as I cannot log in with those details
Photo of Danny Chan

Danny Chan

• 60 Points

Hi Rav,

I have the exact problem. I have previously registered ABN 49615780227 ( GARY FUNG) under email address dchan@marketaust.com. Now when I try to register the same ABN in Reckon One under the email address achan@marketaust.com. it comes up with the same error message.

Can you help revoking the ABN registration under the first email address?

Thanks.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,692 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Gary,
There are a couple of things I need to go over here.
I can see that the ABN 49615780227 has been registered already with Branch number 2 and there have been more than a few submissions already sent for it.
What are the circumstances around this? Do you have a branch number 2 in reality for your ABN? If not, why have submissions been sent for it?
Photo of joseph

joseph

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
please help me too. ABN: 50801385845. thank you.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,172 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You should be ok now Joseph. Go ahead & register your ABN in GovConnect again and it should go through this time around.
Photo of Maurice

Maurice

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, please help mine as well

It said that ABN has already been registered.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Maurice,
I've cleared the error that was affecting the registration of your ABN however I notice that there is a separate registration of it under branch number 2. 
Do you have this branch number in reality? If not, then I'd strongly recommend that you do NOT use it for submissions or it will lead to further headaches down the line.

There haven't been any submissions sent yet so do you want me to delete this registration as well?
Photo of Maurice

Maurice

Hi Rav,

Yes please delete the branch number 2
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Branch 2 has been deleted now for you as well.
Photo of Maurice

Maurice

Hi Rav,

When I tried to register for another business. It said that my ABN been used.
Could you please check?

ABN 40525940644

Thanks!
Photo of Maurice

Maurice

Hi Rav,

When I tried to register for another business. It said that my ABN been used.
Could you please check?

ABN 40525940644

Thanks!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Maurice,
Can you please double check that ABN. When I search it on the Australian Business Register it shows as invalid.
Photo of Maurice

Maurice

61113515469 try this Rav

Thanks

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Cool thanks for that. Try registering it again now and it should be fine.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 60 Points
Hi Rav, I am having the same issue too.

Could you please look have a look into my ABN 21 983 371 288.

I couldn't seem to connect branch 001 but have added branches 002-005 which I now want to delete.