I have reckon personal plus 2019. How do I enter a chaneg in value of an equities fund?

• Question
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • Answered
I have reckon personal plus 2019. How do I enter a change in value of an equities fund?

Photo of Loene Doube

Loene Doube

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 4,218 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
If I understand your question correctly, Loene, it's a matter of updating the Unit price.  Were you meaning something else?
Photo of Loene Doube

Loene Doube

Thanks Diver Dave. Yes, I want to update the unit price, but the options in the 'action' cell don't seem to refer to such a possibility. Get quotes does not work cos it's a fuind not a single share. What should I do?
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Leone, it's a matter of manually entering the Unit Price, assuming it's not "listed", in which case you can download it automatically.

Which Fund are you wanting to update?  Most Public Funds update their prices daily, and can be accessed via their website.
Photo of Loene Doube

Loene Doube

It's a Bennelong Equities Fund. Not one equity so I can't download the price. And I can't get to the unit price cell because the entry requires me to select an 'action'. I can't make sense of any of the actions in this context. Feeling silly.

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Don't feel silly, Loene - we all learn as we go along.  Sounds like there may be an issue with how you've handled the acquisition of your holding in the Fund.  Pricing is not an Action.  If you e-mail me on david.stewart@optusnet.com.au  I'm happy to help you sort it out off-line, rather than posting everything on the Blog.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Did you manage to sort this out, Loene?