I have updated windows8 to windows10. Now Can't print pdf files invoices from Reckon Easystart 2014?

Options
AMANJOT SINGH
AMANJOT SINGH Member Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have updated windows8 to windows10. Now Can't print invoices as pdf from Reckon Accounts Easystart 2014?

Comments

• Toni Jamieson
    Toni Jamieson Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The 2014 range is not compatible with wkndiws 10. You will need to upgrade to reckon 2016.
  • Toni Jamieson
    Toni Jamieson Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's not what we have been told from support. Thanks!
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have all versions of Reckon (formerly QuickBooks) since the year 2000 working happily on my PC.
    I suggest you from control panel select programs and features, locate and double click on Reckon EasyStart when prompted (it may take a minute or two) select the repair option, when prompted restart your PC.  Just to be safe it might be wise to create a restore point before you commence.
  • Jacqui Allen
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Windows 10 home edition and no, not running any of them in compatibility mode

• Jacqui Allen
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hello Kevin, it's been a while we met some years ago in Canberra
  • Jacqui Allen
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Did know I was until 10 mins ago, you know the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    90% of my clients are in Canberra with the majority using Reckon Desktop, I have been assisting them remotely for over 8 years now without issue.  What can I say it works for me.
  • Wayne_8750852
    Wayne_8750852 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I can feel your pain Lauren Microsoft has forced users to Windows 10 by default (no Win 7 support) Reckon has failed to update older version of Quickbooks to work correctly with Windows 10. I have tried all threads in this forum and still unable to Email or save PDF invoices in 2010-11 with windows 10. Have now dusted off an older copy of MYOB (2011) loaded it under windows 10 and emails and PDF work perfectly. What a joke reckon support is on this matter. I won't be using any Reckon products ever again
  • Bill White
    Bill White Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Jacqui, I have just bought a new computer with Windows 10.  I did back up my data Quicken from the old computer and installed it on the new.  It works sometimes and then it opens with a year like 2013 or then it doesn't open up, it just opens to "Get Started".  I spent hours the other day updating all my data.  I have backed it up on ext HD but I am scared to play around as it will probably disappear again.  Can you help me please!   Lin White