I need recurring subscription billing for my clients, how do I set it up?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I need recurring subscription billing for my clients, how do I set it up?
Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of DFB

DFB

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Set up a memorised transaction to occur on a defined frequency.
Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

The words 'memorised' or 'recurring' do not occur in the user guide. Do you know where to find out how it's done?
Photo of DFB

DFB

Create the invoice and before saving it click "Edit" -> "Memorise Invoice", it will then give you a number of check boxes on how often to issue the invoice, whether it is automatically done, and for how many iterations. Have a play with that.
Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

I am using Reckon One. There is no Edit option on the create invoice page. What software are you thinking of? I've wasted hours on the frustrating inefficiencies of Reckon. Maybe I should swap to something that has realistic functionality and a help facility that is not so out of date.
Photo of DFB

DFB

Reckon Accounts Hosted.
Photo of Lewis Cody

Lewis Cody

• 60 Points
i persisted with reckon one for over 12 months than gave up switched to Wave apps and get same features plus a lot more in a stable non beta program. it has its quirks but its free and worth twice as much as reckon for time saved and all the time not wasted.
(Edited)
Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

More time wasted. Thanks for nothing.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 108,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Colin,

You have selected Reckon Accounts Hosted and Reckon Accounts Business Range as the products for this conversation topic. I have updated it now to Reckon One to reflect the product you are using.

In regard to your question, at this point in time, I don't believe recurring billing is currently available with Reckon One, however will check in with the team for any further info around this.
(Edited)
Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

So the forum is just as awkward as the product. I only typed a question in because the help section is so helpless. (read hopeless) It sadly needs updating.
I wasn't directed where I should be going to ask the question.
From the other comments around this site I won't be holding my breath while waiting for improvement.
If Reckon read their own forums and took on board some of the feedback from people who have tried to work with it, they could probably make Reckon One a worthwhile product.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 108,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Appreciate your feedback Colin,

Reckon One has certainly come a long way in terms of functionality however, and is continuing to evolve very rapidly. Generally, the team have 2-3 updates per month for Reckon One which brings in new functionality and better workflow processes.

The team have advised that recurring billing functionality has been recognised and is on the roadmap for inclusion next year.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of alister

alister

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Need this for Bills as well... i.e. rent, phone bill, gas... scheduled recurring bills...
then you need Reckon hosted, not reckon one. Reckon One may be cloud based but it still has a long way to go in functionality.  

Reckon Hosted is around $50 mth and has memorised (recurring) invoices, bills, cheques, sales receipts etc etc.

Has class tracking, is online, can be axcessed from anywhere in the world, from any pc or tablet (I have axcessed from my android phone sitting in Barcelonia spain).
It has custiomised templates, for invoices, sales receipts, purchase orders, sales orders, payslips.

Basically, you get what you pay for, and at $8 mth for basic module and sales, it is for small, small business that currently use a spreadsheet.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.