i need to re sort my chart of accounts list back to A - Z order, help desperately needed im using r

ERIN_8770088
ERIN_8770088 Member Posts: 28
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
i need to re sort my chart of accounts list back to A - Z order, its currently from Z - A order and i need to change it back, help desperately needed im using reckon one

Comments

• Dean_7038389
    Dean_7038389 Alumni Posts: 22
    edited December 2016
    Hi Erin,

In the Chart of Accounts List, just click on the name column and it will change back to A to Z.

Regards
    Dean
  • ERIN_8770088
    edited November 2016
    HI Dean,
    i have tried this solution several times and it works whilst i'm in the chart of accounts but once i go from the screen to say the reports screen to run a report such as the profit and loss report which used to be in A - Z alpha order it is running in Z - A order, it doesnt seem to save the change back that i make.
    Cheers Erin

• Dean_7038389
    edited December 2016
    HI Erin,

In the chart of accounts, next to the Name text you will see an icon similar to a down arrow. If you click this it will provide a filter option. The first area says ascending/descending. Can you select Ascending and see if that works as it works for me.

Regards
    Dean
  • ERIN_8770088
    edited November 2016
    Hi Dean,
    it works whilst in the chart of accounts but as mentioned above as soon as i go out of the chart of accounts it reverts back, it is not saving my selection!!!
    Erin

• ERIN_8770088
    edited November 2016
    Is there any more ideas on how to re sort the list and have it save ?

• Dean_7038389
    edited December 2016
    Hi Erin, I believe it is not saving the sort order. I've escalated to Dev to resolve. Regards Dean
  • Ann McTiernan
    Ann McTiernan Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    i have the same problem - how to change the list to a-z process???

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2017
    Hello Ann,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

On Chart of Accounts there is now a link called Reorganise your income/expense/.... accounts.  Click it and you will be able to drag and drop accounts to their desired position.  Save it.  Give it a few minutes to propagate through the database.  Then your list should default to the order you set.  

regards,
    John

• ERIN_8770088
    edited August 2017
    Hi John, so what your saying is that to get it from A - Z order we have to manually go into the above procedure and re organise the list, why doesnt it save when you press on the ASCENDING ORDER, it used to be  in A- Z order, seems a long winded process to have to manually change the position of your chart of accounts, and if people have a lot of accounts to re order seems silly when it gives you the option to select ascending or descending order but it just doesnt save it .
    sorry but seems wrong
    Erin 
  • Helen Hogan
    Helen Hogan Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2017
    I agree to not be able to sort alphabetically seems ridiculous as this is how you like to see it in reports. I have heaps of accounts and to sort though manually is time I dont have. Then once you do change them and go back to organizing they go back to the original order.... strange
  • ERIN_8770088
    edited July 2018
    Has anybody had a resolve to this issue that i raised over 2 years ago, not good eneough to still be following this up when i was told it had been escalated to Dev team, and to have the suggestion made that we need to manually drag our accounts into the order we want them to be in seems rediculous considering the program gives you the option to do it just doesnt save it..............Not a good solution
  • Samulas Harold
    Samulas Harold Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Nice Help