I use home & business 2015. The new copy doesn't have "my web links" on the customise view. How do

Options
Charles AGUSSOL
Charles AGUSSOL Member Posts: 14
Hello, I use Reckon account home & business 2015. after changing computer I received a new copy of the program. I am trying to customise the bills & scheduled transactions but cannot find "my web links" on the customise view. Can anybody help me to add it?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Charles

Welcome to the Reckon Community!

When you're on your Home Page click on Create New View > A Customer View dialog box will appear > Click on My Web Links under the Overview heading > Click on Add > Click OK

This will add My Web Links to the right of the new view and you can customise other aspects in the same way also if you wish.

Let me know how you get on,

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Charles AGUSSOL
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thank you Rav for your welcome & quick reply. But no joy. Under the overview heading I find, Alerts, All accounts, Calendar, & Net Worth, that's it. My previous copy had 2 more, My Web Links & Online Updates. Any other clues? Cheers, Charles
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hmmm... a strange one!

Could you let me know which operating system you're using now with the new computer please Charles ie. Windows 8, 8.1, 10 etc

Also, can you let me know what your default browser is set to? Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox etc?

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Charles AGUSSOL
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Rav, I use Windows 10 and my browser is Google Chrome.
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks Charles,

One thing we can try is to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
    • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
    • Click the Tools button , and then click Internet options.
    • Click the Programs tab, and then click Make default.
    • Click OK, and then close Internet Explorer
    Could you give that a try and let me know if there is any change?

Cheers

Rav

• Charles AGUSSOL
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I was hoping you had found the solution but, no go, no changes. Charles
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Charles,

Are you running the programme as Administrator?
    Right click the launch icon > Properties > Compatibility > Settings, and tick the box run this program as an Administrator.

Any change?

regards,
    John
  • Charles AGUSSOL
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hello John G, Yes, there's been a change but, not the expected one. After following your instructions, I can no longer enter the program. I get a message "This does not appear to be the same computer that your software was originally installed on. You will need to contact Reckon to update your licence details." Yes, this is the computer the programme was downloaded to by Reckon. I guess I'll need to wait till Monday to get in touch? Cheers. Charles
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Charles,

If you upgraded this PC to Windows10 then yes you will get the message.  Once you activate I hope you will be over all the hurdles and into your datafile.

regards,
    John.
  • Charles AGUSSOL
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello John, the program has been re activated but, no change, still missing "my web links" and "online updates". I then decided to check all the other headings and found that in cash flow "banking account activation" and banking account details" are also missing.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers.
    Charles.
  • Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Charles,

Just to give you an quick update on this, I reckon there must be some issues with previous installations that when we performed clean install and reinstall the software, the issue was resolved.

Hope you will not have any further issues on this one!

Regards,

Babi

• Charles AGUSSOL
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello Babi, All is well at the moment.  Thank you very much for your help.  Also thank you to Rav and John.
    Charles