I use Reckon Home and Business. I want to asssist someone using Reckon Personal Plus. How can I up

Rob Coote
Rob Coote Member Posts: 3
I use Reckon Home and Business 2020.  I want to asssist someone (family member) who is using Reckon Personal Plus 2020 (.rkn).  How can I upload and have H&B read their files?

Comments

• Brad Read
    Brad Read Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2020
    I was in this position a few years back.  I found that if you just open the PP file with H&B it will open the file OK.  As you are both using 2020 versions it should not be a problem.  I did this about 5 years OK and it worked, so I would try that first.  Make sure you backup the original  PP file just in case!  Note that .rkn is the compressd backup file for PP so if you want to open that, then you'll have to RESTORE the file to H&B, not open.   .QDF is the uncompressed file, but you need it and  .HCX  .IDX  .QEL  .QEH all in the same folder if you want to open  the file rather than restore it.
  • Rob Coote
    edited July 2020
    Many thanks for that, Brad.  I did the Restore and it all worked well.  Thanks!
    Not a big issue but will ask anyway - after I have made corrections (using my H&B) - can the corrected file be uploaded by them on PP?  Based on your answer - I gather it 'might' be possible!?.  I am using Backup files as it keeps everything in one package and makes it easier for them to know what file to send me.  Thanks again for your help.
  • Brad Read
    Brad Read Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2020
    Rob, There might be an issue as Dave says.  I cannot remember :(  how I did it back then.  I guess you'll just have to experiment and see what happens.  If H&B does .rkn backups then PP should read it OK, the tax/BAS thing may be an issue going from H&B to PP.  Brad
  • Rob Coote
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for this.  When I get to that point I will try your suggestions and see what happens.  Thanks again.