I want to reactivate my Reckon QuickBooks 2007/08. Reckon asked me to contact QCOMBIZ

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I want to reactivate my Reckon QuickBooks 2007/08. I contacted Reckon and was redirected to QCOMBiz. I contacted QCOMBIZ and QCOMBIZ redirect me to Reckon. What is happening ? I then spoke Angela of  Reckon. She said Reckon no longer supporting their software. I was asked to switch to Intuit QuickBooks of all she cares. It is right for Reckon to dump us in the miss of our accounts closing.   If Reckon is not reactivating the software, state in on your website. This will then give us time to switch to Intuit Version. Will someone in Reckon please please.... help.
Photo of Doris Ng

Doris Ng

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • angry, frustrated, stress and helpless

Posted 4 years ago

Doris. 

Perhaps I can throw some positive light on this for you.   I've taken the trouble to go and ftech a spare Win7 computer here and download and install a fresh installation of this old version of the software for you.  You should be aware that in recent years,  Reckon Australia has moved away from the USA Intuit company and hence the product name change to "Accounts" for instance. 

Some older products have long needed a re-activation process every three years  (by PHONE),  so that the bonafide usage of the products is known to be in place for the users who rightfully own the product.  

Given the age of your product,  the automated INTERNET based method of activation,  is looking for an Intuit Licencsing server that is no longer relevant for Australian and New Zealand based users of the product, for which Reckon Australia is the point of contact on 1300 784 253.

It is also very worthy to note,  that re-activation is limited to current and prior two years, if you refer to the Intuit website for some of their products:

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/downloading--installing--upgrading-and-converting/not-able-to...

However,  Reckon (Australia)  assisted me tonight to activate Quicken Home & Business 2008  - which is a 7 year vintage version of the product.  But it has to be done over the phone, because the old software is looking for a machine that no longer supports re-activation from Intuit.

I'd be interested in hearing back from your experience in ringing the activation line suggested, where Support members like Joy were prompt, courteous and quite helpful in explaining the situation.  Click TELEPHONE activation, and you'll be presented with a set of letters/numbers to advise over the phone,  and they will clearly respond with the corresponding activation codes needed to conclude re-activation for you.

Cheers

Gary Pope
An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
      independent IT Professional
and retired FCPA Accountant"
Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am facing the same problem. Been emailing and calling everyone. NO HELP at all. We do not need explaination on the problem. We need solutions to our problem. We NEED the KEYS.
Photo of Doris Ng

Doris Ng

Reckon says only users outside Australia are affected.  By the way, below is a reply from Reckon. This software is owned and manufactured by Reckon Ltd, Australia.  If they want QCOMBIZ to reactivate the software then allow the access to them. I don't care what games Reckon's is playing.  I just want my Reckon QuickBooks activated. PLEASE HELP ! 

On Jul 21, 2015, at 07:14, Administration <admin@reckon.com> wrote:

Dear Doris,

Until QCom BizSolutions agree to our terms we are unable to assist you. Please contact QCOM Biz Solutions via phone, email or at their office.

QCOM BIZSOLUTIONS PTE LTD

67 Ubi Road 1
Oxley BizHub #05-14
Singapore 408730

Operating Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm (UTC+08:00)
Phone: +65 6254 2322
Fax: +65 6254 2922
Email: Service22@qcombiz.com
Site: http://www.qcombiz.com

Kind Regards, Reckon Admin

Doris - You'll have to explain this, becuase I don't understand the geographical consequences.  My email is: gaz@alchester.com.au  and you'll have to enlighten me as to what Singapore has to do with you using an Australian product.  I assume you are using Reckon Australia's product when it was sold in Australia under the name of "Quickbooks" before that name was reserved for use solely by Intuit after 2013.  Is this your situation?     I Other readers are probably as confused as I am about why Singapore is being involved in a situation of you using allegedly an Australian product on a PC, that you can use anywhere.

But perhaps I've missed the point in your case.  IE:  You did buy the product from Sydney  or through one of the Aust/New Zealand partners - YES or NO?   You're not running the USA version of the product from Intuit are you?

Gary
Keith - so:  Did you select TELEPHONE re-activation to have the PRE-activation codes ready , and did you call 1300 784 253.  to activate it as described - or did you receive some other explanation to what I've outlined please?

Gary
Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

Does it makes a difference if i select TELEPHONE or email them? I am from Singapore as well and as far as i am aware, older version of Quickbook users all over the world are being affected by this reactivation issue. I received the same email as Doris. Further emails from them revealed that RECKON is having some dispute with QCOM in regards to unauthorized charging to customers but QCOM is denying it.

I just want RECKON to take note. Whatever dispute you have with your distributors or resellers or agents, you cannot sacrifice your reputation and trust with your customers. Your customers are now being held by their neck, unable to continue their daily operations!

While you fight for your terms and conditions, your customers are left to rot by the road side.
Keith.  The 'Telephone' mechanism  gets you to a SCREEN that randomly selects a set of CODE to advice over the phone, and during that  CALL, they provide a set of suitably matching activation codes.    My expectation would be, that if you cose to email,  you'd have to leave that first screen open for as long as it takes to receive a reply.  I've never emailed an activation request before - I always call  1300 784 253,  but that is likely unreachable from overseas.     

(Main switchboard is:  +61 2 9577 5000)

The  website:   http://www.reckon.com.au/aboutus/Contactus.aspx
   for registering Reckon ACCOUNTS  outlines the following options:

Email:

registrations@reckon.com.au

Phone:

1300 650 061  

Gary
(Edited)
Photo of Doris Ng

Doris Ng

Hi Gary,

QCOMBIZ is always very kind to help me on all issues without charging. For this reactivation I contacted Reckon directly. I am more than willing to pay QCOMBIZ for better service. FOC SERVICE IS NO SERVICE as I am experiencing now with Reckon.

Gary, to clarify I am using "QuickBooks 2007/08 brought to you by Reckon Ltd".  Like what Keith said, does it matter if this product is manufactured by Reckon or Intuit or service by QCOMBIZ.  I will switch to Intuit QuickBooks after my financial closing this year.  But now, all I need is for my Reckon software to be reactivated by the developer in my new PC.  Any advice or internal information you can obtain from Reckon is greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Gary.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thank you for reaching out to us Doris and I’m sorry to hear of the mix up and ensuing run-around which followed.
If you have an old version of QuickBooks that was sold to you in Singapore as a perpetual licence, Reckon Limited can reactivate that version. There is no charge for this.

QCOM BizSolutions is not a Reckon affiliate and are not authorized to charge for activations or reactivations. If you have been charged via  QCOM BizSolutions for activation or re-activation we suggest you seek a refund through them as they are charging customers for an unauthorized service.

If you are an Enterprise customer you can renew your current version or purchase additional user licenses via admin@reckon.com 

For reactivations, please email us at admin@reckon.com with your Customer ID and product key and we will reactivate your product at no cost.

Apologies for any confusion and I hope this information is found useful for yourself and others.
Photo of May Thet Soe

May Thet Soe

• 60 Points
We can get the licenses key straight away from Reckon,these above email admin@reckon.com .Highly appreciated for your kindly support.Thank you so much .
Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

The matter is resolved. RECKON sent me the license key this morning. However i would like to highlight the extreme frustration in this episode.

Firstly, it took RECKON so many years to realized that QCOM had been charging customers for the reactivation key. Secondly, when i approached RECKON directly for the key, i was told:

Dear Keith,

Until QCom Biz Solutions agree to our terms not make unathorised charges to customer for reactivation we are unable to assist you. Please contact QCOM Biz Solutions via phone, email or at their office.

QCOM BIZSOLUTIONS PTE LTD
67 Ubi Road 1
Oxley BizHub #05-14
Singapore 408730
Operating Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm (UTC+08:00)
Phone: +65 6254 2322
Fax: +65 6254 2922
Email: Service22@qcombiz.com
Site: http://www.qcombiz.com

Now, who are we suppose to blame? Your own RECKON support staff direct us to this SCAM company instead, who pushes the blame back to RECKON. Thirdly, this issue take far too long to resolved. Productivity is lost due to us having to resort to manual writing of invoices and doing the statements while we wait for the keys.

I hope RECKON can inform all support staff of all the reactivation procedures to prevent this from happening again. And is RECKON taking legal action against QCOM? Will you stop them from reselling your products?

Your customers deserve to further explanation how this can happen and how this can be prevented from happening again. And do we really need to reactivate the license every now and then?
Photo of Doris Ng

Doris Ng

Hi Keith,

Glad you are able to receive the key.  However, if QCOM is able to get the reactivation key for me, I am more than willing to pay them for the service unless they hacked the system then it is illegal.  So what is the problem guys ? 

As far as I understand, Reckon is restricted by INTUIT from servicing and selling all accounting softwares outside Australia/NZ after 2013.  Being it,  I will be more than happy to see RECKON and QCOMBIZ work together for the mutual benefits of all users in Singapore.

LET'S NOT START A WAR OUT OF A SMALL ISSUE !  NOBODY GAINS FROM IT.
Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

Doris,

When you buy a house, 3 years down the road you find yourself locked out because seller had changed your lock and request you to get a new free key from them every 3 years. And this comes with a threat that they may or may not give out the free key in the future. And then they advice you the best way is to keep upgrading your house to prevent the same occurrence. How does that feel? Now, why do we need a 3rd party to help us get the key when we can get it direct and free of charge?

The best part is RECKON directing us back to QCOM whom they are accusing of illegally charging customers for something that is FREE. How absurd is this?
Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

I would like RECKON to issue an official statement as regards to this reactivation policy. Are they going to provide reactivation forever? Or are they going to stop issuing reactivation license at some point? Or will it be chargeable in the future?
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Keith,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear of your experience within this matter. I've chased this up through our Accounts and Sales department who have advised;

Reckon will reactivate all overseas customers free of charge via email address admin@reckon.com providing the product is installed on allotted computers as per licensing agreement.

With regards to your product - please note, it is currently activated until 2022. You can view this by going to help and then, 'my license information'.

Apologies for the confusion and run around.

Cheers,
Mirko

Photo of Doris Ng

Doris Ng

It's interesting to see how a simple question on reactivation has unfolded.

I started out by asking for my QuickBooks reactivation but seems to have gone into personal attack on QCOM BizSolutions.  This is totally childish on all parties involved.

I know nothing about legal issues,  so I don't know if this is slandering of QCOM BizSolutions's reputation by calling QCOM a sham company, illegal, unauthorised...etc.    

Another point of note is,  if QCOM  is doing something illegal then why on earth Reckon redirected my reactivation request to QCOM ?  In my opinion QCOM is the most innocent party.  I applaud at QCOM for not overacting and for keeping their cool and quiet.

I expect to see more professionalism in Reckon being IPO in handling this issue but apparently not and certainly also not from Keith Wong to ask for QCOM to be sued.   
My apologies to QCOM BizSolutions for starting this communication chain that had gone out of text.   

Photo of Doris Ng

Doris Ng

It's interesting to see how this reactivation matter has unfolded. I started out by asking for my QuickBooks reactivation but seems to have gone into personal attack on QCOM BizSolutions.  This is totally childish on all parties involved.

I know nothing about legal issues,  so I don't know if this is slandering of QCOM BizSolutions's reputation by calling QCOM a sham company, illegal, unauthorised, absurd..etc.    

Another point of note is,  if QCOM  is doing something illegal then why on earth Reckon redirected my reactivation request to QCOM ?  In my opinion QCOM is the most innocent party.  I applaud at QCOM for not overacting and for keeping their cool and quiet.

I expect to see more professionalism in Reckon being an IPO in handling this matter but apparently not and certainly also not from Keith to ask for QCOM to be sued.   

My apologies to QCOM BizSolutions for starting this communication chain that had gone out of text.   

Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

Please see my above reply. RECKON Admin themselves says QCOM is "making unauthorised charges to customer for reactivation". Email dated 21/07/2015 10:18am Singapore time.

Is RECKON slandering QCOM?

Of course QCOM is keeping quiet. They had been charging something that is free all these years. You could say that helping customers to obtain the license is a chargeable fee. But did they even inform customers that it is free and faster to directly approach RECKON? No, instead they direct you to their website for reactivation which charges S$32.10 per user. Yes RECKON, they charge S$32.10 for every reactivation per user. And all they have to do is email RECKON the details. All these which we could have done it ourselves and could possibly get our license much faster!

Why RECKON direct us back to QCOM when they themselves are accusing QCOM of unauthorise charges is EXACTLY the question i had posted previously. And why all the run around when they could just give us the license there and then? The logic is beyond my intelligence.

And i am glad Doris is happy to pay for a service that is supposingly free. As long as you are happy.

And to RECKON, you might want to blast out an email to all quickbook users to remind them that the reactivation is free. My last check on QCOM website is that they are still accepting "reactivation services". While it is totally legitimate to provide a chargeable services, i am not too sure if customers like the idea of having have to pay for something that is free. People could be paying blindly, like what i did for years and i think it is in many ways hurting RECKON reputation as well.

Although i would not be requesting a refund from QCOM, since they did provide the service of getting me the license previously. They will not enter into my good book for NOT INFORMING customers that we could have get the license ourselves and for free and faster. I guess it is all business to them. Not business relationship.
Photo of Doris Ng

Doris Ng

Hi Keith,

From how I read your post you seems to have a lot of hatred and jealousy over a $32.10 fee collected by QCOM a service they provided to their customers.    

When you call QCOM, their staff will inform you to call Reckon directly otherwise go to their website and there will be a charge.  I think that was how you managed to contact Reckon.

Again, reading from your post above, you didn't pay QCOM but others are willing - nobody is blind.

You pay $1.00 for a belt but others are more than willing to pay $30.00 knowing they can buy a similar one for $1.00.   I don't see a problem with it !

I have been a QuickBooks user for 10 years, as far as I know, the fee collection thing was approved by Reckon right after their relationship with Intuit was terminated.

Reckon did it for a business reason - Reckon was stopped by Intuit from selling outside Australia so it’s no longer their interest to support Asian customers. The task was then handed over to QCOM to charge.  

Initially, I was equally annoyed of having to pay but then I think it makes logical sense if I am going to be using the software, I need a local support.  There are many users out there not proficient with QuickBooks who are also thankful local support is still available by just a phone call. . 

Let’s not be so quickly to judge, comment and complain on others instead see the bigger picture of doing business as a whole even if you are an employee, your boss will see your leadership quality even better.

Good Night and Good Bye.
Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

Wow... i am sure QCOM will be very delighted to hear that there are many pple willing to pay for something that is free with their eyes opened. How about this Doris, next time you need a reactivation license, come look for me. I charge only $10 for sending out an email to RECKON with the details you provide me. But of course, nobody can stop you from choosing an more expensive option as long as you are happy with paying more. Yup i don't see a problem with it as well.

And can RECKON clarify what Doris had said? The fee collection was approved by RECKON right after their relationship with Intuit was terminated? Who handed the task to QCOM to charge for reactivation? RECKON? Intuit? I am puzzle as it is clearly RECKON position here that QCOM was NOT AUTHORIZE to charge for activation and reactivation?

So is there an approved fee for reactivation initially in the past? Or is it free all these while and customers had been misled that there is a charge? I will be more than willing to apologize if i had misunderstood the situation and wronged QCOM.
Photo of Keith Wong

Keith Wong

Just to clarify.

It is only this time round that QCOM who is unable to get the license from RECKON that they inform me to contact RECKON directly. In the past, I was told directly to go to their website and pay for the reactivation. Nobody in the past from QCOM informed me that reactivation is free and i can do it myself.
Photo of stan tan

stan tan

• 60 Points
QCOM Biz is a new company trying to emulate the previous official distributor QCOM Singapore by using similar name, although it is not affiliated to QCOM Singapore.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.