i went to open my data file (Reckon Accounts 2017 desktop) and a box popped up saying 'Fatal error d

GLE
GLE Member Posts: 11
edited May 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
i just went to open my data file (Reckon Accounts 2017 desktop) and a dialogue box popped up saying 'Fatal error during installation', how can i fix this?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi GLE,

Does this occur if you attempt to open the sample file? 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GLE
    edited May 2018
    Yes
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me, were there any other updates or installs that occurred around the time that you noticed this issue first started? 

Does the file open at all after acknowledging this message? If not, what happens?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GLE
    edited May 2018
    I think the tax update for 17/18 was around the time of the first occurrence.
    when i attempt to open the file, a screen appears that says "please wait while windows configures Reckon Accounts", then a dialogue box pops up With a file path showing (C:\Users\User\Desktop\GLE 2017.QBW) and the message "Fatal error during installation"
  • Rav
    edited May 2018
    Sounds like a strange issue, I'd perhaps suggest considering a clean uninstall of the program and its components before reinstall but before that, I'd recommend having a chat with our technical support team so a technician can take a closer look into this.

• GLE
    edited May 2018
    I have talked to a member of the technical team, and they recommended uninstall and reinstall.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled, what do i do now (as when i open reckon from new download and select 'open an existing company file', then select .QBW file, an error message appears with the error codes -6150 and -1004.