I would like to upgrade from Quickbooks 2013, but am not sure which way to go. I do not have reliab

Options
Christine Devine
Christine Devine Member Posts: 10

I would like to upgrade my QuickBooks 2013 software.  I do not have reliable internet where I live, so am happy to just load it to my desktop and continue on the way that I have.  What is the best edition to evolve to?  I would like to upgrade to something that I can clean up my system without upsetting my Tax Liability reports, yet clean up the immense amount of data that I already have on my machine.  Is there a program, where I can just save the current year that I am working with and move forward.  I am in desperate need of help and advice with this.  Does any one have any advice to offer on which way I should go next.

Thankyou

Chris

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi, you can quite easily upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2016, depends on which version you have now. it is a simple upgrade when installing the program and upgrading your current file to the new one. Nothing will be lost (but backup just to be sure) and you can continue to work as you do now.
    Which QuickBooks do you have, Plus, Premier??

• Christine Devine
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi

Thankyou for your reply.  I have QuickBooks Pro 2012/2013.  Is there a program available that I can just upload the period that I am working in, so that I lose a lot of that old data, that I have been carrying for years.  Please advise your thoughts.

Thankyou

Chris

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You will need to upgrade to Reckon Accounts Pro (same program). I would suggest you upgrade the complete file. Always do a backup so you can restore the old file if you need to. Then you can Clean Up Company File, which will remove old transactions and replace them with journal entries, basically creating summary data. The data will still be available for reports.

• Christine Devine
    edited November 2016
    Options

How will this affect my tax liability reports??? Do you know

• DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It should not affect them at all.
  • Christine Devine
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Has anyone used the Data Facility Transfer program in QuickBooks.  Does it work to transfer Data for a period into a new file?  thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,388 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Christine,

Could you elaborate a little on the program you're referring to? We haven't come across this, or are you referring to our Data Migration service?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Christine Devine
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I was just reading these links on the internet.  Let me know your thoughts.

https://desktop.apps.com/apps/131644#!overview

http://www.q2q.us/dtuoverview.htm

What is a data migration service.  Please tell me about it

• Christine Devine
    edited November 2016
    Options
    where can I purchase a disk for Reckon Accounts Pro?

• DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You can buy online from Reckon, you can download the program and request a disc to be sent to you, or you can buy online from many different places.

• Christine Devine
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thank you

Does this program work without internet.  I am in a remote area and the internet is less than reliable.

please advise

• DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If you buy the desktop version you can use it anytime.

• Christine Devine
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thankyou so much.  Does it do period copy reports???