I am wanting to set up a different location to send inventory to. Is this possible??

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Vanessa Hales

Vanessa Hales

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Terry

Terry, Accredited Partner

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Vanessa

When you are saying a different location..Do you mean with the chart of accounts? Or you mean to have same stock item in different stores/departments etc?

Terry

Photo of Vanessa Hales

Vanessa Hales

I mean I want to send a stock item to another physical location, or warehouse.
Photo of Terry

and you are tracking these all in the same quickbooks file?

Photo of Terry

Depending on how much stock you are moving, there is a program called Fishbowl, which is an Add On to Reckon Accounts that is awesome...if you would like details I can forward them for you

Or if its only a small amount of inventory you can set up a Header - for each location for the stock items, you would need to list the stock items under each location header

the use inventory adjust, or a matching bill and bill credit to move the stock

Photo of Vanessa Hales

Vanessa Hales

Could you please give me some information on setting up a header? I only have a small amount of stock items to transfer, amybe 3 items.
Photo of Terry

Ok Sure

So Vanessa you have set up the other inventory items that you have already

It is exactly the same, I would set it up Called LOCATION 1 (or whatever) in capitals, you then set the stock items up underneath this by ticking the box that this item is a subaccount and select the new header LOCATION 1

You could even have a different Inventory Stock on Hand location, in the chart of accounts, so that you can see the value of the stock in each location

Does that make sense?

Photo of Terry

Ok Sure

So Vanessa you have set up the other inventory items that you have already

It is exactly the same, I would set it up Called LOCATION 1 (or whatever) in capitals, you then set the stock items up underneath this by ticking the box that this item is a subaccount and select the new header LOCATION 1

You could even have a different Inventory Stock on Hand location, in the chart of accounts, so that you can see the value of the stock in each location

Does that make sense?

Photo of Vanessa Hales

Vanessa Hales

I am not sure where this is? ""It is exactly the same, I would set it up Called LOCATION 1 (or whatever) in capitals""
Photo of Vanessa Hales

Vanessa Hales

Is this a new item that I am setting up?
Photo of Terry

Yes exactly, a new item
Photo of Vanessa Hales

Vanessa Hales

Thanks, I'll try that.