I can't find a bank code for People's Choice Credit Union so which one should I use? Thank you

A Foster
A Foster Member Posts: 1
Bank Codes

Comments

• Kenny_6598021
    Kenny_6598021 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2016
    Check following www.peopleschoicecu.com.au/132/bsb.aspx Says BSB 805 050 Might be what your looking for?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi,

Thanks for the tip on People's Choice Credit Union.  We've passed this on to our product development team who will update the list.  Unfortunately it is way past the cut-off date for the next release (2014, in April) and will have to wait for the following year.  

We have thought of a workaround and are having our testers check it out and I will let you know as soon as I have heard back from them.  

regards,
    John.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi again,

Here is a workaround you may try.  

Our developers cannot fully test it as we do not have access to genuine bank accounts, but believe that based on the coding it should work.  Before trying it with your supplier/employee accounts, I suggest to test it with you own account and talk with your credit union's support team.

In your Bank Account profile, the Financial Institution field is a reference only field and does not play any role in the processing of Online payments.

Critical fields are:

Branch Code - your Credit Union's BSB 

Account number - your account number with your Credit Union.

APCA number - the number provided by your Credit Union to identify you when you upload the ABA file to their system.

You should ask your Credit Union whether the box Include Balance Record should be ticked or unticked. This varies between institutions.  

Similarly on your supplier profile, the active fields are:
    Account Name
    Account Number
    Branch Code.

When the ABA file is created, the Financial Institution code will be included on the first line of the file. We believe the Bank Code is just for reference.  The only active field on this line is the APCA number (in this example: 111111).  The active fields are in the table that follows.

So, on the bank account profile, just select any financial institution but enter your Credit Union's details in the other boxes.

Please check these details with your credit union's support team, and when verified proceed with a test.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

regards,
    John