I have backed up QB Pro 2012/13 so as to move to a new PC

Shane Fisher
Shane Fisher Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have backed up QB Pro 2012/13 so as to move to a new PC I reinstalled QB Pro 2012/13 and performed a restore it then tells me that my file is from anewer version I can't find any upgrades

Comments

• Mustafa
    Mustafa Alumni Posts: 52
    edited December 2015

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your question.

When you install from the CD, it's the Release 1. During the new financial year, we release Tax Table update (available to only current Advantage Customers for free) that makes it Release 2 (R2 as we say). Looks like you upgraded your file to that in your previous computer and need that setup file again to install.

To check that, on your previous PC, open QuickBooks 2012/13 and press Ctrl 1 and look at the end of first line (either R1 or R2P). If you require the updated file, go to File > update QuickBooks with in the program or search in that OLD PC or contact Customer Service on 1800 RECKON (732 566) to obtain again.

Once obtained, install it on your PC and then you should be able to open your file. To check if you have the R2 installed, press F2 on your keyboard & the first line product  should end with R2P.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Mustafa