I have QB Ver 7.4 - our Accountant wants me to upgrade to a newer version. Is this possible, or wil

Vicki KUHN
Vicki KUHN Member Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have Quickbooks Version 7.4 (mainly for our small farming enterprise) - our Accountant wants me to upgrade to a newer version. Is this possible, or will I lose existing data?

Comments

• Mustafa
    Mustafa Alumni Posts: 52
    edited December 2015
    Hi Vicki,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to upgrade your data file without losing data (at a normal instance) but the minimum upgrade version should be atleast Reckon Accounts Plus. Please refer the upgrade guide for the Reckon Accounts 2014 http://downloads.reckon.com.au/ReckonAccounts%202014%20Installation%20and%20Upgrade%20Guide.pdf

We hope the above helps you resolving your issue. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers
    Mustafa

• Brian_6886995
    Brian_6886995 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2014
    Mustafa, or others, and I hope you don't mind me jumping onto your thread, Vicki.

I have the same enquiry for a small sporting club. In the above post are you saying that 7.4 cannot be updated to Accounts Accounting, only Plus, or is that recommended? We have no need for Plus at all and there is substantial difference in cost between the two products which would cause my committee to seek other less costly packages.

Brian
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hey Brian,

Upgrading to latest version requires going up to the same level of Reckon Accounts or higher. 7.4 was the Pro level of it's time. But as the features in 7.4 are similar to Plus, it is possible to go to RAB 2014 Plus instead of Pro.

Please see these two screens from the installation and upgrade guide (http://downloads.reckon.com.au/ReckonAccounts2014InstallationandUpgradeGuide.pdf) which maybe of help.

Thanks,
    Mirko
  • Brian_6886995
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for that. So I would need to go to Gold, which I do not need. I think it will be simpler to just buy Accounts Accounting then start afresh from 01/05/14, run parallel with QB7.4 until 30/06/14 (to get used to AA2014), then just use AA2014 from then on. That way I can also get rid of a lot of the old baggage in nearly 18 years of records rather than carrying it forward.  :)

Interestingly, while I have the trial version of AA2014 open QB7.4 will not open.

Brian
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Brian,

You may find that if you open one first then the other (I cannot remember the order) it may allow you to have both open at the same time.

A tidy up is always good on old files :)

Kind regards,

Sally

• Brian_6886995
    edited May 2014
    G'day Sally,

The order is then not 2014 first then QB7.4 as that is what I have tried. I only have two more cracks at the trial version so will not try the other order tonight before I get approval from the committee to purchase. Thanks for the tip. I could not believe the number of old accounts I had created in past years for various activities/functions which are no longer relevant, so a bit of "liposuction" would not go astray in setting up a new system from scratch.  :)
  • Rosemary Tate
    Rosemary Tate Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Your information is great but can you run POS with the Reckon Accounts..  I am running 2007/2008. from my conversations with Rekckon these are no longer supported.  I need assistance because I have a junior who has input the wrong statement date, future dated to 2015.  My accountant is jumping up and down, can I un do he reconcilliations until I find the culprit?  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Rosemary,

Yes you are correct, 2007/08 is no longer supported by Reckon. You should still be able to find a Reckon Accredited Partner though who can support you.

You need to have the same year Reckon Accounts as the same year for POS.

Which version are you using? Are you able to go to Reports drop down menu > Banking > Previous reconciliations > then select the bank account and work out how far back the issue is?

If you did undo your bank reconciliations, in theory they should be easy to redo though as all the transactions are there and as long as the dates are correct you should be able to use mark all.

I hope this helps.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at sally@samsolutions.com.au.

Kind regards,

Sally

• Brian_6886995
    edited May 2014
    Sally,

The order is QB first then Reckon and both work.

I did purchase the Accounts Accounting 2014 but find it strange that, having previously downloaded and installed the free trial version, when I made the purchase I had to download again and install. And the instructions DO NOT advise to remove the trial version from the computer before installing the full version. That caused me some grief as the error message I kept getting on trying to install the purchased version did not tell me the problem was already having the trial version on the system. Perhaps the systems engineers could have a look at this, if they read this forum.

I would have thought that, on payment, an activation key would have been provided to unlock the trial version download. I do not have unlimited download capacity.  :(
    edited February 2017

Hi Brian,

You should not have to download again. Just uninstall and reinstall using the new IKC.

Yes that would be great if you could just enter a key that would switch from a trial to the full product!

They do read this, so hopefully it will be added to the wishlist :)

Sally