Cannot Open Company File after reinstalling Quickbooks 2011/12.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
I have reinstalled Quickbooks 2011/12 after a complete computer rebuild and my company file will not open. When I try to open the company file I get a message that says the file is "a version2 file and I need to Upgrade QuickBooks to V2" I have tried to download the service packs off this website but when hitting the download button it takes me to the signon/login page but the download will not commence after login. The company file was in use the day before the computer rebuild commenced.
Can you help me update my Quickbooks to the version I was using last week. I have tried using a Google Chrome browser and IE10 in compatability view.
Thanks
Craig
Photo of Craig Annetts

Craig Annetts

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Craig,

Sorry to hear of your problem.  It sounds like you need to install the Tax Table Update for QuickBooks 2011/12.  Please check your records - you may have a copy of it with your installation disks or on a backup somewhere.

If you no longer have a copy please call Customer Service on 1800-RECKON for further assistance.

regards,
John
Photo of Donna Cooper

Donna Cooper

• 62 Points
Hi John, I am having the same problem as Craig. Presumably I have the update stored on my computer. Any clues as to what the default file name would be cause I can't find it
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear you have difficulties locating your Tax Table Update 2012.

It is a file you would have saved at the time.  Its name is QuickBooks_2011-12_TaxUpdate.exe.  Look in where you normally save downloaded files.  Maybe you saved it on a disk or USB stick?

If you cannot locate it please call Customer Service on 1800-RECKON and they'll help you out. 

regards,
John