I have Sales Receipts showing in Outputs and Inputs in Tax Detail Report (Cash Tax) - does anyone kn

Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant
Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant Member Posts: 49
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Kay,

Which Reckon Accounts are you using please?

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Kay Smart, Accredited Consultant
    edited August 2014
    Hi Shane

Reckon Accountants Desktop.  I have tracked it down to report being sorted by date.  If I sort by default it's fine and shows all the transactions.  It's only happening in one file, other files i work with are fine.

Is the 2014 version

Thanks
  • Shane_6461899
    edited February 2020
    Hi Kay,

There are many different types of Reckon Accounts Desktop, there is Enterprise, Premier, Pro, Plus, Accounting, Easy Start, Home and Business, Personal Plus, and Personal.  I was wondering which of these you were using.  If you sort by date does the Sales Receipts now just show under the Outputs, or is it still showing under the Inputs section?  If so it may be the tax code being used.  See if a different tax code makes a difference.  if does you could create new tax code to use on Sales Receipts.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • David_7000521
    David_7000521 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2016

Hi Kay,

Not much help to you but thought it was worth mentioning that I had this exact problem when I last ran our reports a month ago but miraculously the reports all corrected themselves the next day when I ran them again!

Regards

David

edited August 2014
    Hi Shane

I am an Accredited Consultant in New Zealand so using the Accountants Edition that we get.

If I sort by Date the Sales Receipts are appearing in both the Output and Input if I sort by Default they only appear in the Output.

I have examples i can email if you like.

Thanks
  • Margaret Haines, Reckon Partner
    Margaret Haines, Reckon Partner Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Hi Kay, when you run the Cash Detail Report does it run two reports? I haven't run it for a while but there's one I never trust and the other is ok. And I remember having similar problems a few years ago and if you alter the sort order and then alter it back it worked ok.
  • Shane_6461899
    edited February 2020
    Hi Kay,

Do a verify and a rebuild on the file to see if it fixes the problem.  Never seen or heard of this problem before but sometimes a rebuild will fix things like this.  Let me know if it helps.  Thanks.

Regards,
    Shane.
    edited August 2014
    Hi Shane

Have done that and an audit of the file and its still displaying wrong.  The total are correct - just the detail is wrong.  I've never seen it either.  I'll see what happens next month.

Thanks
    edited August 2014
    Hi Margaret

It runs a Cash Tax and a Cash Net as the GST is cash basis.  You only get one report when you are running Accrual GST.  Have tried altering the sort order and back again but still the same problem.  Will see what happens next month,.