I paid my supplier twice... Ooops

Options
Rebecca_6470826
Rebecca_6470826 Member Posts: 34
Hi,

I have just realised that I paid a supplier twice. 

They don’t want to refund me the money, they want to keep it against my account to pay for future bills.

How do I put this through Reckon Accounts?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Bec you can pay a supplier by writing a cheque and using a supplier in the name column thus: It will show up as a credit on the supplier account. Cheersimage
  • Rebecca_6470826
    Rebecca_6470826 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks Kevin,

That was the response I was after...
    I knew I couldn't write a credit because I didn't know what account to put it against, but this allows me to put it to the supplier without having to assign an account or a Tax code. Thank you.

Kind Regards, Rebecca
  • Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Bec, no problem whatsoever. This is what I do.
  • SarahNation
    SarahNation Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kevin,
    Sorry I'm a bit confused.... Looking at your screenshot, and your instructions, if paying a supplier, how can I select the supplier, when it only shows customers?  I paid the supplier at the start of the month as they had made a mistake on our account.  Then at the end of the month I stupidly paid them again.  I am trying to reconcile the second payment but don't know how to record it in Reckon so it is a credit on their account for their next invoice.  If that makes sense.
    Thank you
    Sarah
  • Tanya Briggs
    Tanya Briggs Accredited Partner Posts: 75 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    As long as you choose the Accounts Payable account in the Account column, the drop down list in the Customer:Job column is actually the list of suppliers.
  • SarahNation
    SarahNation Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Oh ok, I’ll have another look at it. Thank you.