I use Quickbook 11-12 cannot trasnfer datat from quickbook to point of sales system

Options
joo kim
joo kim Member Posts: 6
edited July 2019 in Point of Sale
I use Quickbook 11-12 and suddenly I cannot trasnfer datat from quickbook to point of sales system. it comes erro 9. please help this

Comments

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Joo,

What specific point of sale system are you trying to transfer to?

Do you mean Reckon Retail Point of Sale?

What version of that program?

What is the exact error message?

Have a read of this post. How to Ask Good Questions to Get Good Answers

-IM
  • joo kim
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi I am using Quickbook Premier 2011-2012 and also Retail Point of Sale Professional 2011/12. I do after "End of Day" and then transfer datat from Retail Point of Sale professional Administrator to Quickbook.... That is OK. But I tried to transfer data from quickbook to Retail point of saales Administrator, they came error message and I cannot do it. Therefore we put new items on quickbook, but it dosen't show on retail point of sales, so we can not sell the item.\ Even change price and ect.... nothing update to point of Sales system. Please check the attached file.... It came like that error message.image
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Joo Kim,

Read the following post regarding How To Transfer from Accounts to POS

In the third step, where you can tell the program which info to transfer, do it one at a time and confirm which one is failing.

That will at least narrow down what you need to investigate further.

You will likely need to talk to a technician to resolve this.

-IM
  • joo kim
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello IM
    I just did "Transfer the Product only....
    And then it shows up like that

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Joo

I have seen this a few times before, and I think it may be caused by invalid data in one of the items.  I have only seen this twice: once it was a TAB character in the product description, and the other time it was an Alpha character in the Custom field Price2.  Both are ok in Reckon but not ok in the POS database.

If you export your item list to an iif file, you can generally narrow down where this error is.  The program counts off the items imported 100 at a time, so you can narrow it down from there.  Do a search for a TAB, or any strange ASCII characters.  Concentrate on items that you have recently edited or added.

If you still can't find it, I may have more luck with it than you.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• joo kim
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I went through and found some wired characters. And I did fixed...but still same issue
    Do you think there are some limitation for description section???
    Some items are description is almost 1/2 pages.
    Please advise to me ASAP.

Thanks,

Kim