IAS Reporting Monthly

Options
Karen_9297043
Karen_9297043 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
In the past when I have printed a Payroll Summary report for a particular month, I would enter the dates for that month, i.e. 01July-31July, and the report would be for that month.  Sometime ago the system has been changed so that the pay cheque PAYMENT date has to be entered now to include the correct figures.  When I process the IAS for that month (July) it shows the figures from the month before (June).  For example to get the correct withholding tax for the month of July, I have to enter AUGUST when I configure the IAS, because the payment date for that pay period - July - was in August.  If I enter the payment date on the cheque as the end of July, which will probably solve the problem, it will not marry up with my bank statement.  So the upshot is that my IAS, which is supposed to be for July, now shows the 'period from 01/08/17 to 31/08/17'.  When and why has this been changed!!

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hello Karen,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

I am not sure I fully understand your issue.  There has been no change in Reckon Accounts in the way it treats your date selection.

You have said that the pays for July were paid in August.  The ATO defines pay as earned in the period it was paid to the employee, and this is the methodology built into Reckon Accounts.  So if you are paying July payroll in August, then it is deemed as earned in August.  Your IAS for 1-31 July should be reporting payments made to employees in that period.  If this definition explains your issue then please discuss with your Accountant your processing and reporting procedures.

regards,
    John.