If I delete the QBPRINT.QBP & WPR.INI files on my computer, will I still be able to print from my co

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
IF I follow the conversation  with regards to printing to PRF from Reckon, but getting error messages, what happens when I delete the QBPRINT.QBP & WPR.INI files, will this change any other printer functions, ie. will it interfer in any way to printing anything else from my computer?  I just don't know enough about deleting files, so I try not to so I don't wreck anything.....

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Ruth, should have no impact at all. QBPrint and WPR.ini are Reckon Accounts specific files :).
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2015
    Thanks, just did not want to create other problems.... Now I can go ahead and try to be able to print invoices to PDF so I can email them instead of the long winded version of physically printing them out, scanning them and then emailing them.  Will this enable me to save forms as PDF as well? 
    Cheers, Ruth
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Ruth, so long as the PDF converter is working email and save as PDF should be working for you. If you have any issues with PDF creation give this a look into >> https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/a9l45bkc1h76t

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Also, Mirko, my computer has found a file called:  "QBPRINT.qbp" in the location :"C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\Quickbooks\Company Files\Restored_Mudgee Truck Tractor_Files\Printer Settings"  which makes three files.  Do I delete this one as well??
    Cheers, Ruth
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2015
    Hi, Mirko, Thanks for your suggestion.  Yes I have done all that, deleted the QBPRINT & WPR files, changed, the ports, etc, as per that topic conversation, and it is still saying that the printer is not activated, and error code 30?? Any further suggestions??
    So sorry to bother you,
    Ruth
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    No Trouble at all Ruth - It's getting a little out of my area of expertise - I'll escalate this to one of our tech support team members to look into for you! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Hi, Mirko, Thanks for your suggestion.  Yes I have done all that, deleted the QBPRINT & WPR files, changed, the ports, etc, as per that topic conversation, and it is still saying that the printer is not activated, and error code 30?? Any further suggestions??  Also, I have QB Version 303 PDF converter, and do we have to purchase the Amyuni PDF converter software to make this work?
    So sorry to bother you,
    Ruth
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Thank you.

• Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited November 2015
    Hi Ruth,

Sorry to hear that.

Are you running windows 8.1? please try running Reckon Accounts in Admin mode.
    you can simply do that by right clicking on the Reckon icon and select the option "Run as Administrator" and try to print again

keep us posted