If it possible to force Reckon Accounts to use more available memory?

Megals
Megals Member Posts: 5
Hello,

Is it possible to force Reckon Accounts 2016 to utilise more RAM/Memory to improve performance, especially when computers these days have ample memory available to do so and our database has well out grown the 512Mb size limit that the Database Manager uses. In a shared environment it would be great if our whole 1.7Gb datafile could be stored in memory, rather than swapping to the hard disk (even though we do use SSDs).

I've seen a few articles online, but the seem to be refering to the US product not the Australian product. And in some of those cases, the Reckon Accounts Database Manager defaults back to the 512Mb limitation after a reboot, rebuild, etc.

Any advice?

Cheers,
Megals.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi guys, Let me check in with a few of our folks internally and I'll come back to you both Cheers Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited August 2019
    Hi guys,

Give this a go. Please read the information about backing up your files very carefully and do so before attempting this

http://www.intuitiveaccountant.com/training-center/techno-topic%3A-improving-quickbooks-performance-...

Cheers

• Megals
    Megals Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2017
    Hi Simon,

I have seen this article before, but reread it and checked, I found the QBW.ini that I think is relivant under C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit. (I am using Windows 10, not XP or Vista, as mentioned in the article).

I will make the advised changes to the .ini file and post back results.

Cheers,
    Megals.