if i upgrade quickbooks 2012/13 to a newer versions can i restore my backups onto the newer version?

Tahnee
Tahnee Member Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I need to know if I upgrade my quickbooks eastystart lite 2012/13 to the newer version will I be able to restore my backup onto the new version. As I have had to purchase a new computer, my quickbooks 2012/13 will not let me restore my backup via usb. Im at my witts end with this as everything I have ever done on quickbooks is on the USB. Please help!

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Tahnee

If you send me file via wetransfer.com I can check this before I sell you a copy.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Tahnee
    edited July 2014

what file am I sending and can I email it to you as I don't know what wetransfer is?

• Tahnee
    edited July 2014
    Hi Graham, can you please tell me what file I need to send you?
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Tahnee

You need to send the backup that you have on the USB - it will show like the file below:

You try to send this file via email, however if it is too large to email. you will need to use a file transfer service like wetransfer.com  .This service simply uploads your file, then sends me a link to download it.

Go to the wetransfer.com site and look for this area to upload the file,

Graham

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au