I'm having trouble updating to the new Accounts hosted 2017 R2,

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I'm having trouble updating to the new Accounts hosted 2017 R2, I get through the back up and then when it comes to the part where is says it's going to traform the company file to the new version it comes up with a message that says "lost connection with the company file"and then gives an option to abort or more info. I was on the phone to tech support for three hours but they are saying that it is the company file and its corrupted and that i should contact the data team to get the filed recovered which is a pay service, I cant' see that this is correct as ive still got my backup copy which i can still open and use on Hosted 2016?? I need the 2017 up and running as i have to do payroll asap with the new tax tables.
Photo of Alex Fountis

Alex Fountis

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,530 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Alex,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Its possible that you were unfortunate in getting some irregular network activity while upgrading that has resulted in a corrupted file.  This is always a chance at any upgrade.  Starting again with the last 2016 backup is an option.  

However, as the upgrade process often accentuates existing problems in a company file I suggest you do a full Resort Lists, Rebuild and Verify and correct any errors found in the 2016 version first. 

regards,
John.
Photo of Lin Johnson

Lin Johnson

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am trying to update to the Reckon 2017 R2. I followed all the steps on the instruction. I typed "Yes" when prompted and did a back up it instructed. The back up took forever and ever. When it was completed, I was logged out due to inactivity. When I tried to launch the Reckon 2017 R2 version, I was asked to "Yes" again and than have to do back up again. I did the back up three times, taking all days and still can't open the Reckon 2017 R2. Am I missing something? Regards Lin J
Photo of Rebecca Kensington

Rebecca Kensington

• 60 Points
I am also having lots of problems trying to get into the new update. Verify suggests rebuild but can't do rebuild without back up which keeps stalling.  Have rung help desk several times and they just tell me to be patient.  This is not helpful!
Photo of Alex Fountis

Alex Fountis

Hi thank you for your answer, I've had to send the company file to the data recovery service. Do you have any idea as to how long they usually take to respond? It has been over a week since I got a case number and my attempts to contact them via email have been ignored. I'm getting worried I wont have enough time to do my BAS. Kind regards Alex.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,772 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Alex,

Can I grab your case number please. I'll check in with the Data Recovery team for an update.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Alex Fountis

Alex Fountis

Hi Rav,

My case id is.

Your valid case designation is RAH2017-11980 Wild Mango Café.

Kind regards

Alex Fountis.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,772 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alex,

The Data Recovery team will be in touch with you this afternoon in regard to your case.

Cheers
Rav

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.