I'm trying to configure a new book (dates, type of entity etc), but when I do it won't submit - ju

Brent Coker
Brent Coker Member Posts: 10
edited April 2019 in Reckon One
I'm trying to configure a new book (after deactivating an old one), but it won't submit after I enter the date and entity type. I can't activate it. Eventually the page gives an error.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2017
    Hi Brent,
    What's the error message you're receiving? Is it a Reckon One or browser error message?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brent Coker
    edited November 2017
    Browser message 'unknown error". But the error might not be related to me trying to setup tythe book, since the error displays after I click on the home button to start again.

When setting up the book, after clicking Done, I get a message about checking the dates. I select teh button "Yes there dates are ok", then nothing happens. The reckon loader displays for 1-2 seconds, then nothing.

I wonder if its because I'm setting the start date to 1 jan 2013? Because last time I set this up a few days ago it worked - but I set the wrong date so had to start over
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2017
    Cheers for getting back to me Brent,
    Lets try rule out browser related issues, which browser are you using when you run into this error? Does it happen when you try on an alternate browser?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brent Coker
    edited November 2017
    I have tried Chrome and Firefox. Cleared cashe. Its not the browser.
    It seems to be a bug.
    Have you tried setting up a book with the date set to 1 jan 2013? I suspect that might be the issue since it worked a couple of days ago when the data was set at 1 July 2017.
    Either that or deactivating my old book and starting a new book corrupted some DB entries ro something
  • Rav
    edited November 2017
    Hey Brent,
    Have reported this case to our Reckon One team to get their insights on it. One thing I just want to check, does the new book you're creating have the exact same name as the previous (deactivated) book?

And if so, does the error occur if you attempt to create the book with a different name?

• Brent Coker
    edited November 2017
    Well, I changed the name of the old book before deactivating it. So the new book does have the same name as BEFORE I renamed the old book. But this does sound like it might be it. 

Ok -solved. Yes, you cannot name a new book as the same as an old book, EVEN if you change the old book name.

This is a bug anyway - your dev team should be aware of.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
  • Rav
    edited November 2017
    Good to hear you're up and running.

Yes, the team have taken a look so far & look to have found the cause which will be addressed in a future update. 

Cheers for pointing this out! :)