IMPORTANT NOTICE - Removal of GovConnect for BAS submission from Reckon Accounts Business (Desktop)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
IMPORTANT NOTICE: RECKON GOVCONNECT USERS

Hi everyone,
Please note, with the upcoming release of Reckon Accounts Business (desktop) in March 2019, the Reckon GovConnect feature for BAS submissions will be removed.

If you lodge your Business Activity Statement (BAS) to the ATO using Reckon GovConnect, we'd like to inform you that this feature will be removed from Reckon Accounts 2019 (due for release in late March), as the ATO is decommissioning the SBR1 technology that enables this feature by 31 March 2019.

If you use Reckon Accounts 2018 (or earlier versions) the Reckon GovConnect link will remain in your software, but the connection to the ATO will no longer work.

Alternative lodgement methods
Here are two alternatives you can use to lodge your BAS to the ATO:
  • ATO Business Portal - Lodge and revise your BAS through the ATO's free online portal. Simply sign up for a free account and read the user guide to learn how to setup and lodge your BAS. Learn more HERE.
  • GovReports - A third-party online reporting platform that allows you to lodge your BAS, PAYG, TPAR, TFN declaration and other reports directly to the ATO. We have arranged a special offer for Reckon Accounts users. Simply use this link to subscribe and get free access to GovReports until 31 July 2019 (and 20% off the regular price after this date). Learn more HERE.
These two options will enable you to submit your BAS to the ATO with ease. If you do have any queries don't hesitate to email us at customerservice@reckon.com or call us on 1800 732 566.

Does this affect GovConnect for Single Touch Payroll?

No, this does not affect your Single Touch Payroll (STP) submissions through the GovConnect STP application in the Reckon Portal.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Debbie Allen
    Debbie Allen Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2019
    I was using the Reckon GovConnect to lodge the Single Touch Payroll .... how do I do this now? Tried to do one today & it failed. I have received the Reckon 2019 version, if I upgrade now will it change my tax tables?  
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2019
    Hi Debbie,
    The way you lodge your STP submissions remains unchanged. The GovConnect service removal outlined above is only for BAS submissions and completely separate from STP lodgements made through the Reckon Portal.

If you're having trouble with your STP lodgement, please create a new thread separate from this one and we'll be able to take a look.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Debbie Allen
    Debbie Allen Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2019
    Hi Ray Have done that waiting on your reply. 
This discussion has been closed.