Importing a General Journal to Reckon One using a CSV file originally from Xero.

Options
katet73
katet73 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2017 in Reckon One
Hi everyone, I am trying to import my detailed general journal into Reckon One. I have looked everywhere on how to do this and cannot find the answers. Can someone please put me out of my misery :-)

Comments

• Angela Bichler
    Angela Bichler Accredited Partner Posts: 9 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi,

there is currently no obvious way to do this.  You have a couple of choices: 1. Obtain a quote for the detailed migration you are after or 2. if you are good with excel (and most of your transactions go through a bank account and/or credit card) you can extract general ledger activity and with some manipulation and transaction rules you can upload with the manual bank csv data option. The only drawback is that you will need to reconcile the bank statements once you import but most of the work is already done.

Reckon is currently working on an import tool.

Reckon will convert the following for data from Xero for freee - chart of accounts, item list (inventory quantities on hand are not included), customer list, supplier list and employees (name and address only). 

Here is the link if you'd like to obtain a custom quote for detailed transaction import. 

https://www.reckon.com/au/data-conversion/

Regards,

Angela

• katet73
    katet73 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks Angela.  I guess it is excel re configuring for me then :-(.

Do you know where I can find a list of the excel headings for the bank account migration?

The difficulty in migrating my data is making me have second thoughts about this product.  

Thanks
    Kate