Importing bank statements into Accounts Hosted

Heather Rogers
Heather Rogers Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
How do I find my QIF file when I can only browse Q and B drive. I  it saved in downloads on my computer. I have Window 10, is there an app I should have?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Heather,

Welcome to the Community

You can use the Hosted Toolbar to upload the file, check out our video below for more info -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1K93TrteAA

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Heather Rogers
    Heather Rogers Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Got it now! Thank you for that.
  • Jay Garland
    Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
    edited November 2017
    The Q drive is the hosted drive where you database is kept; the B drive is the hosted backup drive. Once a month I download one of B:\ backups to my computer to build in redundancy and make sure I always have a copy of my backup.
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2017
    I manually back-up to B:\ drive around once a week. I download the most recent backup to my computer once a month.
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2017
    True. I'll change the settings to remind me more often!
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Jay and All Community  Definitely backup every day. It only takes a small amount of time to backup, download and save to usb or external hard drive.  The back up on B drive is still sitting on Reckons server not yours. It causes much trauma, sleepless nights etc etc if you were to lose data.

Set a rule, always backup before closing down.  Shirley

• Heather_7177864
    Heather_7177864 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Can you confirm that if I want to import bank statements, at the bank I should click on Reckon One - I actually use Reckon Hosted
  • Katherine Smith
    Katherine Smith Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2017
    that is the missing link for me - how to upload a .qif file to the Q drive? 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Katherine,

The video in my post below will step you through using the Hosted toolbar to upload a file to the Q drive.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Katherine Smith
    Katherine Smith Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2017
    thanks.